Cleaning drum sleeves ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning drum sleeves ?

Whats the best way to remove built up saw dust off of the sleeves on my spindle sander?
    Yea I walked through The Valley of Death and I kicked it's ***
    Semper Fi

These work great Amazon.com: ABRASIVE CLEANER: Home Improvement
    You should be able to find some locally, some people use erasers, rubber sole shoes, soles of running shoes, and I'm sure others will be along to tell you what else works. Cleaning
    all sandpaper really extends it's life. Good luck
    Last edited by Wood Dog; 11-19-2011, 07:25 AM.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Wildcat, Get yourself a rubber sanding belt cleaner or if you're cheap like and have an old pair of sneakers use the sole. They work pretty good too.
      May the wind at you back .....
      Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I you drink wine, or something else that comes with the rubbery corks, they work well.

Comment

If the buildup is from sanding soft wood, the corner of a piece of hardwood scrap works well.
          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

I am now diving into my trash can to retrieve old sanding drums that i threw away!

Comment

That suggestion about hte old sneakers really works. Thanks..... Once I figured out how to get my foot up on the bench it worked great... Yes it hurt the first couple times I fell off the bench but then I got the hang of it it cleaned up the sand paper real nice....

No I am not that stupid.... Just getting old.....

Merry Christmas to everyone....

Comment

On my belt sander I take my shop vac and hold the hose close to, but not touching, the belt and it sucks the dust off like new.

Comment

best product i've ever found

sorry for not posting this before. The Pro Stick is incredible, HIGHLY recommend
                  Yea I walked through The Valley of Death and I kicked it's ***
                  Semper Fi

Comment

I have used soft steel wool on mine for years and it is about the quickest and best way I have found. Hope this helps.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by tgiro01
                      One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
                      Today, 08:18 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Interesting pallet
                      by Rolf
                      That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
                      Today, 08:16 AM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                      by Quartz43
                      I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
                      Yesterday, 07:29 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Interesting pallet
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
                      Yesterday, 07:27 PM
                    • Misouri Wayne
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by Misouri Wayne
                      Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
                      Yesterday, 04:55 PM
                    Working...
                    X