how to get the paint finish good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get the paint finish good

hi all i have made lots of puzzles and would like to paint them with acrylic or something that is child safe i have tried this but i can not get good finish i make the puzzles with 18mm pine so if anyone knows how to get a very good finish on wood puzzles please help thanks dave

I make a lot of puzzles and I thin my acrylic paint a little, I do not paint the inside cuts of the pieces only the face and back and outside surfaces. I rarely make any puzzles out of pine anymore, the wood is too brittle & the grain can make a botched job instantly by grabbing the blade and throwing it off course. I use poplar for probably 80% of my puzzles and other hard woods for the other stand up style puzzles.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

ok thanks i will try that i have some poplar so i will give it a go happy scrolling dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
        Reply to Bruce doing great
        by meflick
        Glad to hear all is going well for Bruce. No hiding the meds. 😉
        Today, 11:04 AM
      • B'ville Scroller
        Reply to Looking for Feedback ...
        by B'ville Scroller
        Well ... I am SO glad we tempered our enthusiasm. Show is cancelled. Apparently, things did not go as planned. Maybe next year.
        Yesterday, 10:30 PM
      • RJweb
        Reply to Bruce doing great
        by RJweb
        Glad to hear that, now be a good nurse, lol, RJ
        Yesterday, 07:49 PM
      • will8989
        Bruce doing great
        by will8989
        Got to hospital at 5 and office didn’t open until 5:30. Could have slept to 4 instead of 3. Right knee replacement. Surgery was at 7, he was awake and up by 10:30, pt and out the door by 12. Not much to do today except take meds, and walk 10 minutes an hour. His knee has to bend back to 120 deg. Due...
        Yesterday, 04:31 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Teach - Learn
        by Sandy Oaks
        A modified Sue Mey pattern to fit 1" x 4" x 10" Hard Maple. Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using a Pegas #5 MGT blade. One side says "TEACH". Flip it over and the other side says "LEARN". After sanding, dipped in diluted Shellac, sanded again and another dipping. Comments...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Yesterday, 12:13 PM
      Working...
      X