how to get the paint finish good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get the paint finish good

hi all i have made lots of puzzles and would like to paint them with acrylic or something that is child safe i have tried this but i can not get good finish i make the puzzles with 18mm pine so if anyone knows how to get a very good finish on wood puzzles please help thanks dave

I make a lot of puzzles and I thin my acrylic paint a little, I do not paint the inside cuts of the pieces only the face and back and outside surfaces. I rarely make any puzzles out of pine anymore, the wood is too brittle & the grain can make a botched job instantly by grabbing the blade and throwing it off course. I use poplar for probably 80% of my puzzles and other hard woods for the other stand up style puzzles.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

ok thanks i will try that i have some poplar so i will give it a go happy scrolling dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
        Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
        by handibunny
        So sorry to hear of your troubles. Please know that your forum friends are here for you in any way that can bring a measure of peace or comfort.
        Today, 04:51 PM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Today’s market
        by Rolf
        We had our one in person fair yesterday and will pick up the remains of my Consignment show Wednesday. Rumer has it that the event did extremely well.
        The traffic was slow this year, lots of other stuff going on in the village, nevertheless we had a great year. The majority of the items were...
        Today, 03:15 PM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Dirk Boelman pattern
        by Rolf
        Did you ever get the pattern?
        Today, 03:01 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
        by will8989
        Ben finished the half in the top 1/3 of almost 4000 runners! Sarah still trudging along.
        Today, 12:00 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
        by will8989
        Prayers for you and Connie. I know what you are in for as I was my mother’s caretaker and voice. It is a 24 hour job. Her heart was strong her dementia was a whole other story. I found the best doctors I could, best place which was only 2 miles from the house and a good pair of “steeled toe combat...
        Today, 11:58 AM
      Working...
      X