washing polyurethane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washing polyurethane

just out of curiosity i made some cups and finished them with 4 coats of polyurethane and i was wondering if you can wash them ? dishwasher?

I wouldn't try it........... in my book ................
    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Yes you can wash them, but not in the dishwasher.
      As a general rule, you shouldn't put anything with wood in the dishwasher, not even a spatula with a wooden handle..
      The extreme tempratures will cause the wood to split....
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

As a general rule, anything wooden gets washed by hand, never in the dishwasher. Even washing by hand, I don't like to let them set in a sink of water. A quick wipe down with soapy water, rinse under clear running water and then dry immediately. That will help your wooden kitchen items last longer, regardless of the finish.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Thank you all very much !

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
            Reply to Interesting pallet
            by Jim McDonald
            I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
            But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
            Today, 08:17 PM
          • Quartz43
            Reply to New tools
            by Quartz43
            I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
            Today, 03:40 PM
          • hotshot
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by hotshot
            You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
            Today, 02:27 PM
          • RJweb
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by RJweb
            I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
            Today, 01:31 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Shrink wrap systems
            by Linda In Phoenix
            What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
            Today, 11:51 AM
          Working...
          X