Aniline dye stain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aniline dye stain ?

Has anyone used water soluble aniline dye stains ? Saw them on woodworker .com.
    1 oz. makes 1-2qrts
    Would these be good for crafts, puzzles etc. ? Would they be child safe? Thanks.

They do work pretty good however since they are water based they do raise the grain of the wood depending upon species. Yes they are child safe once cured.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

The water base works pretty good but as Mike mentioned it will raise the grain of the wood but they do have the dye that you mix with denatured alcohol and it will not raise the grain. Most finishes are safe once they are fully cured.
      Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
        Reply to My covid angel
        by planeur
        Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
        I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
        Was it a good idea.....?...
        Today, 09:45 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to My covid angel
        by Rolf
        Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
        Today, 09:02 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Rolf
        The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
        Today, 08:49 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to My covid angel
        by NC Scroller
        I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with...
        Today, 07:27 AM
      • Quartz43
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Quartz43
        I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
        Today, 05:42 AM
      Working...
      X