"Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
      Where are you located?
      Afton, Va.

Comment

Wow, you're out in Nelson Co. If there is a Lowes near you, they have a good selection of wood finishes. They have Deft products in stock as well as the Danish oil finishes. I do intarsia and order wipe on poly finishes from Judy Gale Roberts. Her website is Judy Gale Roberts Intarsia.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Wow, you're out in Nelson Co. If there is a Lowes near you, they have a good selection of wood finishes. They have Deft products in stock as well as the Danish oil finishes. I do intarsia and order wipe on poly finishes from Judy Gale Roberts. Her website is Judy Gale Roberts Intarsia.

Jan
          Yep, Good old nelson co. We do have a lowes. Just thought it might be better to order like we do our blades. Would go broke buying blades from lowes !

Comment

Actually shipping of paints and stains would be cost prohibitive if you have a Lowe's for sure use them.

I do order my acrylics in the smaller bottles from joanne fabrics online, as they frequently have free shipping or other discounts.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

finishes and paint

you might look at michaels craft store. i purchase most of my paint for inside projects their. also michaels has burch plywood that won't break the bank

bob

Comment

Check your local hardware stores (Ace Tru-Value). There is also a Wood Craft store in Richmond if you get over that way.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Found a good score yesterday at the dollar store. Olympic Stain pints 2 for $1.
                  I cleared the shelf! I'll check the colors later.
                  Acrylic paints I get a Micheal's, There house brand is usually $.29 -$.59 for a 2oz bottle. For BB I order from Ocooch Ocooch Hardwoods - Supplier of Wood for Scroll Sawing, Carving Stock, Intarsia wood, Plywood for scroll sawing, and more.
                  About 1/2 the cost of Micheal's.
                  May the wind at you back .....
                  Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
                    by Rolf
                    Like Linda said you guy make a great team. The end result really looks great.
                    Today, 07:37 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by will8989
                    Scott, I was referring to her pms to Bill Wilson and Quartz. They posted her reply by pms instead of on here.
                    Would be nice Quartz. I asked got Bob to put the issue next tp patterns and he said something about real estate. He found a way to do it and didn’t lose any real estate. Guess they don’t...
                    Yesterday, 10:57 AM
                  • Quartz43
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by Quartz43
                    I would be pleased if FC at least did a trial of printing A pattern on regular sized text and also providing a scale up factor. Their resistance to do anything if a real pain. It was a similar lack of action with the website that resulted in lost viewers.
                    Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by NC Scroller
                    I think Kelly did that because I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about an article in the last addition. It was the article about staying connected online and it didn't mention the FC forum....
                    Yesterday, 06:36 AM
                  • hotshot
                    Reply to Demo display
                    by hotshot
                    The fastest I've ever seen one of those 3d deer cuts was by Rick Hutcheson. That man was super fast when we was working the shows.

Here he is much more recently, and a bit slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPDY6M-Lv8

Here is the pattern on Ricks' site: http://www....
                    07-26-2021, 10:58 PM
                  Working...
                  X