"Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
      Where are you located?
      Afton, Va.

Comment

Wow, you're out in Nelson Co. If there is a Lowes near you, they have a good selection of wood finishes. They have Deft products in stock as well as the Danish oil finishes. I do intarsia and order wipe on poly finishes from Judy Gale Roberts. Her website is Judy Gale Roberts Intarsia.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Wow, you're out in Nelson Co. If there is a Lowes near you, they have a good selection of wood finishes. They have Deft products in stock as well as the Danish oil finishes. I do intarsia and order wipe on poly finishes from Judy Gale Roberts. Her website is Judy Gale Roberts Intarsia.

Jan
          Yep, Good old nelson co. We do have a lowes. Just thought it might be better to order like we do our blades. Would go broke buying blades from lowes !

Comment

Actually shipping of paints and stains would be cost prohibitive if you have a Lowe's for sure use them.

I do order my acrylics in the smaller bottles from joanne fabrics online, as they frequently have free shipping or other discounts.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

finishes and paint

you might look at michaels craft store. i purchase most of my paint for inside projects their. also michaels has burch plywood that won't break the bank

bob

Comment

Check your local hardware stores (Ace Tru-Value). There is also a Wood Craft store in Richmond if you get over that way.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Found a good score yesterday at the dollar store. Olympic Stain pints 2 for $1.
                  I cleared the shelf! I'll check the colors later.
                  Acrylic paints I get a Micheal's, There house brand is usually $.29 -$.59 for a 2oz bottle. For BB I order from Ocooch Ocooch Hardwoods - Supplier of Wood for Scroll Sawing, Carving Stock, Intarsia wood, Plywood for scroll sawing, and more.
                  About 1/2 the cost of Micheal's.
                  May the wind at you back .....
                  Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
                    Reply to My covid angel
                    by planeur
                    Rolf when you say taper from right to left, do you mean thinner near the body and thicker at the end of cloud as on the wing ?
                    And on each cloud touching the body ?
                    I had already sand some part , will show show soon!

Thanks

Yesterday, 09:22 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by will8989
                    I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
                    Yesterday, 12:27 PM
                  • Don in Brooklin On
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by Don in Brooklin On
                    Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
                    Yesterday, 11:59 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
                    Yesterday, 11:24 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by NC Scroller
                    I too miss Bob Duncan. I do not think anyone from FC has taken over that role at least on this forum. If they have I am not sure who. Like Betty, I owe a lot to FC and this forum. If it was not for them and this forum I would have probably turned my saw into a boat anchor years ago. Oh how I looked...
                    Yesterday, 11:22 AM
                  Working...
                  X