Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a problem while finishing

hello guys,
    when i tried to finish a zebra portrait i used a black spray like 3 layers , then when i tried to apply a wood varnish (with a piece of cloth) to make it more shiny, the thinner that i used to thin the varnish removed parts of the black spray i applied before .. the net result that i need is, a shiny black smooth color but not too shiny. i bought sealer , thinner wood varnish and oily based wood stain , and i don't know what to use with what .
    the wood is plywood.
    forgive me guys but i know nothing about finishing
    thanks
    peter
    Peter
    ----------
    My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." -2 Corinthians 12:9

Paint it black then use a spray on clear gloss poly. You will get the shine you are looking for. You can also just use a spray gloss black paint.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I just bought so black paint to use, it's satin black. Not too shiney or flat. Don
      Don

Comment

Personally I don't use black spray paint I have started using black indelible ink for ink pads,, it wipes on great soaks in well and doesn't come off when you apply a varnish, shellac etc. and it does a great job of ebonizing if that's the look you want. just my 2 cents.
        WGR

To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

well .. any type of spray here in my country is expensive ... so i will try to avoid sprays and try ink or paint then apply the varnish .. but will the thinner in the varnish remove the ink or the paint ?
          Peter
          ----------
          My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." -2 Corinthians 12:9

Comment

Hi Peter

If you use acrylic based paints and acrylic varnish, there should not be a problem as they are water based (although once hardened, they are waterproof) and do not require spirit thinners.

Sue

Comment

o that will be nice to try ..
              thanks a lot Mike, Don, WGR and Sue u really helped me
              Peter
              ----------

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X