• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Hee Hee.
    That's funny

I will call it MDDB

mainly dirt and dust board. It may be the start of a whole new career!
    The floor of my shop is 3/4" T&G OSB or better known as Oriental Strand Board among other slang names like
    Outside Board
    or
    Other Side of Building Board
    or
    Old Shavings Board.
    Etc.
    W.Y.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    I am hoping that air borne silicone will get soaked up in all my air borne sawdust.
    I figure if I play my cards right I can spray the Future wax all over the sawdust floor and end up with a nice new texture product.

I will call it MDDB

mainly dirt and dust board. It may be the start of a whole new career!

Leave a comment:

• MacS
    replied
    Waxes

Kelly,

I was in the furniture finishing business, its a very big problem in the refinishing the restoration business.

There are many products that do not contain silicones, if any one uses dry or wet lubricants to oil their saws or other machinery, you need to becarefull that they don't contain any silicone oil.

The reason I mentioned it was only a precaution. I was trying to pass on to others. It certainly won't hurt to look around your shop, and read the labels, or before you make any purchase for things your going to bring into your shop, as air borne silicone can land every where in your shop.

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    Future floor wax I use it extensively for my other hobby building models I have used it over enamles, Acrylics I have used lacquer spray on it and painted oil paint washes over it with no ill affects

Leave a comment:

• Dusty Buffalo
    replied
    Mac,

By any chance have you worked in the auto body industry? I've heard that same speach from the hubby I can't tell you how many times. He's been doing paint/body work for over 30 years.

I've heard the term fisheyes mentioned quite often, usually follwed by a string of expletives!

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    It is an acrylic floor wax that has been around for years. Doesn't yellow SHines like crazy, but I will look for silicone. Never can bee to safe.

Leave a comment:

• MacS
    replied
    Waxes

Carl,

I personally never heard of that brand, but you should check to see if it contains "silicone".

If it does, you don't want it in your shop, as silicones contamination is one of the worse finishing problems. As once the silicone gets on the woods they can contaminate all your woods and machinery, and will cause "fisheyes," which is a very difficult problem to remove from the woods.

Silicones are used to make things slippery, and are found in some waxes, polishes, and rubbing compounds. I strongly suggest that you read the label, and you do not buy any products that contains "silicone oil.

"Keep them out of your wookshop".

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    started a topic Future wax

Future wax

When I was stumbling around the airbrush links I came upon a picture of Future floor wax.

Has anyone ever used this as a finish for woodwork?
    It is hard as nails and is an acrylic product.
    Easy clean up etc.
    It is used quite regularly in the model making world.

comments?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X