Liquid Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Wax

Has anybody had any experience with liquid wax?
    Curious as to what to use it for. Thanks Bob
    Be the good,
    you want to see in the world...

Waxes

lonepine,
    I use waxes on some of the oiled boxes that I make and I have found that the softer the wax, the easier to apply but with less sheen and a shorter life span because they tend to soak in. Conversely the harder waxes last longer with a better sheen but are harder to apply.
    Rhys H.

Comment

I tried Watco Satin Wax liquid in the natural color just recently on several pieces of different color stained BB plywood (I wanted to test the stain colors for different projects I was making). I took scrap pieces of BB about 3"X6" and drew a line across the middle of each piece of the wood sample. I stained the entire piece. Once the stain dried, I waxed one section on one side of the line on each piece following the directions on the can. Once the wax dried, it was rubbed off. I don't think it was worth the effort. The waxed portion hardly felt much different from the non-wax section and it didn't make much of a visual difference either. The colors of stain ranged from light beige to dark brown. I applied a second coat thinking it would make a difference. I was disappointed. Save your money, time and energy. Maybe there are other brands of liquid waxes out there that perform but, this brand isn't one of them. Hope this info helps...

Comment

for your responces, they were most helpful. Found out something I did not know. Bob
        Be the good,

Comment

I have used paste wax for hardwood floors, it turns out pretty good. Still experimenting with it though.

Comment

Lonepine. I use wax on my legs once. would not do that again.
            just kidding. I will learn from your quistion too. your friend Evie

Comment

Thanks for sharing the information on this, as I will learn from your experiment.
              Carrie

Comment

Evie; a friend of mine made some stools,(I cut the wood for him) he used shellac on them and used white liquid wax as the final finish. It was remarkable how nice it turned out!
                Bob
                Be the good,

Comment

Originally posted by minowevie
                  Lonepine. I use wax on my legs once. would not do that again.
                  just kidding. I will learn from your quistion too. your friend Evie
                  Just curious Evie, Did you post any pictures of THAT??????????????? Dale
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Evie: Would like to see those pictures too!
                    Your Friend Bob.
                    Be the good,

Comment

Darn Evie,

You are forcing me to do it :

ME TOO!

Your friend Marcel
                      http://marleb.com
                      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel in Longueuil
                        Darn Evie,

You are forcing me to do it :

ME TOO!

Your friend Marcel
                        What Marcel what do you mean I am forcing you to do it. well what kind of wax are you useing on you legs. you know bees wax is kind of drastic. lol your freind Evie

Comment

Originally posted by lonepine
                          Has anybody had any experience with liquid wax?
                          Curious as to what to use it for. Thanks Bob

Kidding aside . lonepine. what are you wonting to wax? are you trying to use wax somthing? I am not sure of what you are trying to do. a rub on or a dip. are you trying to get out of laquering somthing. is it water proof. (drats how do you spell proof. ) I think waxing is a good thing. but on fretwork it can be a bother. I normaly wax cabnets . rub it in. alot. that can be a job. guess I have alot to learn here. someone teach me. good point Lonepine. I'll have to go back and read again. sorry if i missed something. your freind Evie

Comment

Evie, My explanation. My wife has serious alergy problems, and all kind of odors set her off. Most of the finishing products are not quite odor free. In warmer weather I go to the shed, but during inclimate weather, I am in the bsmt, at least trying to put a on finish something. I was looking for a product that would not bother her so much. Thats all, Sorry for the confusion.
                            Your Friend Bob
                            Be the good,

Comment

HI Bob. didn't mean to confuse you. just kidding around. but I do understand about alergeys. have you tryed dipping. this seems to be the best thing latly. just put your project in a tray filled with your favorite stain, or and . laquer/ let it drip off. and walla . I have not tryed this. but it does sound simpale. I need to try this myself. sounds to easy to me. good luck. your friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X