Sanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanding

I have been in the habit of sanding my wood down before I ever draw a line or put a blade to it. While this practice makes the front and back look good, what do you do for getting inside to clean up those little "mistakes". I have a Dremel tool that I use and manaully sand, but I just never seem to be able to get into those nook and crannys.

Am I the only one who tries to sand these little spaces? If not what is your secrets to putting on that finishing touch?
    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

try cutting/folding sand paper until it fits in the space. If the space is wide enough, I use emory boards cut down to size. Anything that an emory board or small piece of sand paper won't fit into doesn't need to be sanded! That's my theory, anyway!! LOL Good Luck!!!!
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

They now have small sanding boards that you use in your scrollsaw and attach like a scrollsaw blade. See Mike and he can help you with this. If you are using Mike's FD blades the results usually do not require sanding. But for that occasional oops there are theses sanding boards or dremel offers a whole slew of small sanding things that attach to the dremel tool.
      John T.

Comment

Emory board, well that just makes to much sense! I really need to start thiking outside of the box.
        Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

In the last issue of SSW, we had a short article in the news and notes section about Mitchell's Abrasive Cords. They come in different sizes and were actually an abrasive-imprenated cord that came in a roll. I used it like dental floss to clean out the corners of a Celtic knotwork design I cut--until I dropped it!!! That works well because the cord is fine enough to fix my rounded corners!

Bob
          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

floss?

I like to use wood that is presanded too. I also use reverse skiptooth blades to minimize sanding. If the finished fretwork is critical I will even put a piece of tagboard or an old cereal box under it while I am cutting.
            Finally if there are viens to be cleared or sanded, I use dental floss.....makes the project minty fresh too!
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I glue a small piece of sand paper that will fit the area to the end of a broke blade. That works for me.
              Dena

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X