wood stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood stains

Is wiping stain the same as a gell stain? I'm not sure which one to get. They seem to have the same properties and applications.
    Just a woodwright

Re: wood stains

: Well, I actually wipe on all stains. Maybe thats a no-no to a real woodworker but I don't see any big Uh-oh's when I'm done. The gel might be hard to get out of fine details unless you are going for the antiqued look. :P

Comment

Re: wood stains

Ok, thanks for the info. I think the antique look is was I'm after.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Lowder
        Reply to Question about tilting head saws
        by Jim Lowder
        Thank you everyone. I guess I just need to scroll more and have more patience with my abilities. You all are amazing...
        Yesterday, 08:08 PM
      • evilbadger
        Reply to Cutting Air
        by evilbadger
        How thick is that foam Randy? That turned out really nice.

The view on the house is nice but that 11 foot 3 ceiling height is killing me....
        Yesterday, 07:56 PM
      • Rolf
        by Rolf
        I have both types of saw A tilting table Hawk g426 and an Older Excalibur with a tilting head. Unlike Carole for bevel cuts I prefer the tilting head I do larger projects and it is easier for me.
        Regarding compound cuts they are cut at 90 degrees.

If I were in the market for a new...
        Yesterday, 05:38 PM
      • handibunny
        by handibunny
        If you have a good saw, and can set the table accurately, you should be good to go. Give a holler if you need help. ๐Ÿ˜

Randy, I swapped out the clamps on the Jet for the Pegas clamps as soon as they became available. I found the Jet clamps just too fidgety for my taste.
        Yesterday, 05:09 PM
      • Jim Lowder
        by Jim Lowder
        Thank you all for the info. Sounds like itโ€™s talent or practice issue not my saws. Wife already gave permission to buy a new one. I will wait tho
        Yesterday, 04:51 PM
      Working...
      X