Boys at sawmill were busy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys at sawmill were busy.

And look what I got from it! Of course it is still wet and will take sometime to dry. The color and grain of the poplar is amazing. There’s more cedar to come. The log is white oak. You can see on the oak where the water was dripping from while it was in the back of the truck.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Very nice haul.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Lucky you!, I have no room for wood drying storage. I need to clear out some "STUFF"
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

We are storing it under Bruce’s work bench for now. It’s stacked, stickered and banded. I always make room for wood! 🤪
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Wow, nice haul. Love the colors. We just got done drying some poplar, and the walnut should be coming out next month sometime. But we are always looking on facebook or other places to get wood.

Comment

Where do you get your wood from that it needs to be dried? Rolf, I’ve been clearing stuff all week. First was my storage closet than today was my 16’ work table. Got the top done now have to do the shelves underneath. Yippee
            Betty

Comment

will8989, We made a drying kiln out of a plan we saw on youtube. We took a 6-Tier Commercial Grade Heavy Duty Steel Wire Shelving Unit that we got at lowes, wrapped it in 1 inch foam insulation board and put two heat bulbs in the bottom, we have holes at the top and bottom to let the moisture out. We can cover the holes at the top to slow the moisture,coming out of the wood, so that it does not crack. We had been doing this for about year and half and it has been working great for us. The box can get up to 120 degrees or more if we close the holes up. After the wood is dried, and if has bugs in it we dry it in our mini hot box that we made out of kitchen sink, that has a heat lamp in it. And we run that at 140 for 6 hours, that kills any bugs that might be in the wood. Photos to follow.

Comment

Thanks, Kim. I'll show that to my husband but since he has 2 surgeries coming up I doubt that will be on his to do list. The place we buy wood from air dries the wood for a year, than finishes with kiln drying.
                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                  Reply to Alex Fox Basket C12
                  by NC Scroller
                  Nice work. I truly admire all the projects that you share and I truly envy the fact that you finish what you start. What is your secret?
                  Today, 07:35 AM
                • Sandy Oaks
                  Reply to Alex Fox Basket C12
                  by Sandy Oaks
                  Betty, I enlarged the pattern by 30% to fit on 10" square stock....
                  Yesterday, 02:20 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Boys at sawmill were busy.
                  by will8989
                  Thanks, Kim. I'll show that to my husband but since he has 2 surgeries coming up I doubt that will be on his to do list. The place we buy wood from air dries the wood for a year, than finishes with kiln drying....
                  Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                • will8989
                  Rikon Air Cleaner
                  by will8989
                  Received email from Woodcraft, the Rikon1/4 HP 3 speed air filter, reg $329.99 is on sale for $199.99. Remote controls, timer, 5 year warranty, etc.. Called store, have them on backorder but one is mine as I paid for it today. Will call me when it comes in. Warranty sold me. It is in their sale circular...
                  Yesterday, 01:54 PM
                • Kim Stone
                  Reply to Boys at sawmill were busy.
                  by Kim Stone
                  will8989, We made a drying kiln out of a plan we saw on youtube. We took a 6-Tier Commercial Grade Heavy Duty Steel Wire Shelving Unit that we got at lowes, wrapped it in 1 inch foam insulation board and put two heat bulbs in the bottom, we have holes at the top and bottom to let the moisture out. We...
                  Yesterday, 01:49 PM
                Working...
                X