Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG score!

I scored big today.

I called Mark Mraz with Mraz Lumber this morning to get a price on a sheet of 3/4 inch CDX. $62.65. I asked him if he had anything a little cheaper I could use as a work table top. He said he had some sheets that had bad corners and if that didn't matter, he'd make me a good deal. I went.

We found a full sheet of 3/4 inch CDX that had been dropped on one corner and he couldn't sell it like that. He let me have it for $20. That's just the beginning of the story.

While we were sorting through odd pieces, he mentioned he couldn't sell any of it and would have to throw it away. "Mark, I'd love to have a few pieces of those scraps if you can part with 'em." "Take that whole stack. JUAN! Come 'ere! Load all this on that truck." Four full sheets with bad corners and half a truck load of oddball shaped pieces, all in various thicknesses.

I came home with an estimated 500 to 600 dollars worth of assorted plywood he said he couldn't sell.

20220113_152255.jpg
    Hand me my finger, would you, please?

You keep that up and you will be able to corner some black market sales!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

The best wood in the shop is free wood. Those thicker pieces might not be good for scroll saw work but every shop needs shelved, counters and cabinets. Nice score.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X