Sweat equity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweat equity

All this wood was what Bruce got in payment from volunteering at the sawmill. The wide cherry has pink tones in it. I don’t know which piece is prettier. The poplar is so colorful and the grain is amazing. The single board is a branch from the cherry tree we took down last year. The side has a yellow tint to it. I cant wait to see the rest of it. We still have 18’ trunk that needs cutting down. He planed most of the afternoon yesterday and I sanded. Love the Super max. The three boards standing were ones I forgot were there.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Forgot one.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Can we fit it all in my truck, or do I need to send a freight company?
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

So much wood...so little time.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

There is some real pretty wood there.!
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Nice. Set those cherry boards out in the sun for a couple days and you will see a significant change to their color.
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Bill I used to do that with some baskets I made. That’s only part of it. We still have the rest cut down from the cherry drying under a canopy in the back yard 20 boards or so. He actually worked on this wood starting with the trunk delivered to the sawmill. People love it when I tell them that and it’s all local. They forget about the price tag and buy local. Don’t worry Scott, I’m laying patterns on and Bruce is cutting to size before his surgery.
              Betty

Comment

Just checked the stock outside, there are 30 boards, mostly 5/4 and about 10" wide. There are a few 3" thick and about 15" wide. I would say half poplar and half cherry which is mostly from our tree. As a birthday present, a bit late, the guys at the sawmill sent home a maple round 12" high and about 15" across for my bowl grinding. Sitting in a bag of sawdust so it doesn't dry too fast as it was just cut from the tree trunk that was cut last week.
                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• daveswoodworking
                  Reply to Hurricane winds hit Iowa
                  by daveswoodworking
                  My poor garden and wishing well and 3-d eagle...
                  Yesterday, 11:07 PM
                • daveswoodworking
                  Hurricane winds hit Iowa
                  by daveswoodworking
                  We had over 100 mph winds that hit my town and several towns and counties in Iowa a lot of people with out power I just got our power back tonight their a lot of damage through out town and lot of power line down too lots of roof gone corn lying flat their a sample of the damage the town park got heavily...
                  Yesterday, 10:52 PM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Cancelled
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  I'm in the same boat. I get most of my sales surrounding demonstrations I do at the fairs. They've been cancelled. I do have a couple of orders from repeat customers, but that's all. Kind of a let down emotionally. My new toy money is on hold. Boooooo....
                  Yesterday, 09:52 PM
                • Dan A
                  Reply to Pegas saw has arrived
                  by Dan A
                  I like that PDF. This is something that Denny brought up on the phone last Friday as well. I told Denny that afternoon that the set screws would be something that I would not have thought of. We also talked about tightening the blade to much. I seem to have the tendency to over tighten the bottom clamp....
                  Yesterday, 08:20 PM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to Coincidences and obsidian
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi guys - today I obtained a little more info of the obsidian crafter I am soon to meet. His name his Juan Castelan Mata. In 1987 he was selected by a local comissionary (foundation) to learn the craft of modelling and sculpting obsidian. After learning the basics of working with this stone he set up...
                  Yesterday, 06:56 PM
                Working...
                X