No announcement yet.

Material For Compound Cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath and lived near RAF Bardswell. My TVR was built with left hand drive, I bought it used like that, and that made it very interesting when trying to pass someone.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Perhaps experiment with the different resins turners use? It requires some extra tools (pressure pot, air compressor, etc.) but then you could make blanks whatever size you want. I used my scroll saw with a #5 MGT blade to trim down some pen blanks. Use tape and a slow saw speed to keep it from welding back together.

Bob
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Didn't think of that Bob. Barry Gross will be at the wood show this week-end and he does alot of pens using resins.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Betty,
          I turned my first acrylic resin pen from one of Barry's blanks this Christmas. I tried two, and ended up melting the first one. I think they are different kinds of resin because the second one I did was much easier. I'm really interested on making my own, and I want to do some hybrids. I'm also setting myself up to stabilize wood (with a different resin and a vacuum chamber). I also had a stabilized buckeye burl blank from Barry that made a beautiful pen.

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

YOu don't live far from the show, you should stop by. There's some courses I am taking this week-end. Remember that saw grinder I bought last year and you said to be careful. I turned it on, used it for about 2 minutes and put it away. I felt uneasy using it. Might try again this year.
            Last edited by will8989; 01-03-2020, 02:27 PM.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unfortunately, I've got plans for this weekend; driving to Atlanta Sunday. I'm doing a presentation for a woodworking club in Georgia and meeting with two customers in the area.

Just be careful with the chainsaw grinder!

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

It’s the most safest tool I have. It’s back in the original package and hasn’t been touched since the first time I tried it. Bruce said King Arthur is set up so I will stop by and talk with them. Also PS wood is there.
                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X