Sloan's Woodshop is retiring next month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloan's Woodshop is retiring next month

I just called in an order, and that's what I was told. The inventory is depleted, but if there's anything you regularly get from them, don't waste any time. Or, if you've been a regular customer, you might want to call to wish them well.

Another scroll saw institution bites the dust--I've bought quite a bit from them over the years; it was where I first learned about Welbond, which I now buy by the gallon.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Thanks for the heads up. They are an institution and have helped many a scroller for many years. Used to get all my super thin plywood from them--when they could get it.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Sorry to see, but a while back they were having serious health issues, hope all is well with them, RJ
      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

This is sad indeed. It's the one scrollsaw centric store within driving distance of me. They sell a #72 drill bit (very small) that is the best I've found for my coin cutting, so, I'll try to call early next week and get what I can. Be nice if they would give up their "Source"
        "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Well that is sad news, They have been my go to for a very long time for my still favorite Olson 2/0 r, plus many other items.
          Carole thank you for the heads up.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Excellent people, excellent company, excellent service. Sorry to see them close, but I hope they are able to enjoy their retirement with full vigor!
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Sorry to hear they are closing. It was always a joy to talk with Rhonda,
              Denny
              ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Sad. I believe one or both of them have had health issues in the past.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I tried to order yesterday, but they are only open 0900 to 1300 now. (Central time)
                  Jim

Comment

Placed my order today. Rhonda told me they will miss the folks calling in, but they just needed to get some time after running the business all these years.
                    I expressed my thanks for all the support they have given the hobby through the years and the guidance they provided to new scrollers--myself included.
                    I bought the last of a couple of items, so if there is something you want, strike now.
                    Jim

Comment

I also called yesterday and ordered a few gross of the Olson 2/0 R blades. That should hold me for a while.
                      They will be missed, I am sorry that I never had a chance to meet them at their shop.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X