Sloan's Woodshop is retiring next month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloan's Woodshop is retiring next month

I just called in an order, and that's what I was told. The inventory is depleted, but if there's anything you regularly get from them, don't waste any time. Or, if you've been a regular customer, you might want to call to wish them well.

Another scroll saw institution bites the dust--I've bought quite a bit from them over the years; it was where I first learned about Welbond, which I now buy by the gallon.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Thanks for the heads up. They are an institution and have helped many a scroller for many years. Used to get all my super thin plywood from them--when they could get it.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Sorry to see, but a while back they were having serious health issues, hope all is well with them, RJ
      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

This is sad indeed. It's the one scrollsaw centric store within driving distance of me. They sell a #72 drill bit (very small) that is the best I've found for my coin cutting, so, I'll try to call early next week and get what I can. Be nice if they would give up their "Source"
        "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Well that is sad news, They have been my go to for a very long time for my still favorite Olson 2/0 r, plus many other items.
          Carole thank you for the heads up.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Excellent people, excellent company, excellent service. Sorry to see them close, but I hope they are able to enjoy their retirement with full vigor!
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Sorry to hear they are closing. It was always a joy to talk with Rhonda,
              Denny
              ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Sad. I believe one or both of them have had health issues in the past.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I tried to order yesterday, but they are only open 0900 to 1300 now. (Central time)
                  Jim
                  When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                  Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
                    Reply to My fourth scroll saw in my shop.
                    by Jim Finn
                    Rolf;
                    The saw I have is also a 2005 or 6. It cuts well but seems noisy and when I get the blade tensioned, how I want it, the tension release lever near the blade swings forward and loosens the tension. I now have a rubber band holding it down as I run the saw. I have tried adjusting the...
                    Today, 09:58 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Pegas saw
                    by will8989
                    Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
                    Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change...
                    Today, 09:01 PM
                  • vgraf
                    Reply to Pegas saw
                    by vgraf
                    Rolf,
                    Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?
                    Today, 07:34 PM
                  • vgraf
                    Reply to Price Tags
                    by vgraf
                    I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet...
                    Today, 07:22 PM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Pegas saw
                    by Rolf
                    I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. ...
                    Today, 05:23 PM
                  Working...
                  X