Thin fin plywood 1.5 mm (.059")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin fin plywood 1.5 mm (.059")

The question of pricing comes up periodically so here is an example.
    I just picked up 3 sheets of Finish Birch plywood that I use for my ornaments from my local supplier.
    Much to my surprise the price has not gone up. It costs me $44 for a 50 x 50 inch sheet. That is 156 of my normal 4 x 4 inch ornaments. That sell for $10 - $12 each.
    It takes me an 30 min to an hour to make six ornaments
    Not a bad return on my investment. Minus material and packaging about $67 an hour. A bit more than my former salary
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

I suspect the thin stock and stack cutting is the real key to being able to maximize ones profit.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

What is the differance between Finish Birch ply wood and regular Birch plywood ?

Comment

Finish birch plywood is finished in one side. According to Bruce.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

From what I have read the Finnish birch uses a waterproof glue. I have never liked the smell when cutting it and always used a good dust mask with the side filters. I now have my HEPA festool for the dust, no more smell..

This stuff is finished on both sides and the stamp on it says it came from Finland.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X