From widowmaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From widowmaker

To the shed for drying. Bruce finally cut the wood at the antique sawmill he volunteers at from the cherry tree we took down a few months ago. The grain is amazing. I love the oval pieces with the live edge on them. Also a stack of logs from the branches. I have some that will be sliced for ornaments. And there still a 13’ tall piece that needs to come down. The downside is it won’t be dried until next year. But cleaning out the stack in the shed he found some wide cherry dried and ready to be used.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by will8989; 06-26-2019, 12:35 PM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Some of those smaller log would make good peppermills.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

He wants to turn green bowls them put them in a bag with the Sawdust to finish drying. The widest board from the tree is 10”.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

You have both been very busy, and quite creative. Thank you for sharing.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
          Reply to First event of the season for me.
          by KarlB
          Rolf,

How many times do you do one-offs? That is deciding a project takes too long to make too many of them on the off chance they don't sell.

Karl
          Today, 09:19 PM
        • Daddy's scroller
          Reply to Oranment exchange
          by Daddy's scroller
          Scott I also received my package from you. Thank you so much. I like also like to see what Santa brought me. My tree has nothing on it but all the homemade ornaments I have received over the years....
          Today, 07:17 PM
        • Daddy's scroller
          by Daddy's scroller
          Thank you Jim I got my package from you today. That was a great idea. It's already on my tree
          Today, 07:14 PM
        • Jim Finn
          Reply to Train set
          by Jim Finn
          Today, we made our December delivery of toys to our local children's hospital, Ronald McDonald House, and The Salvation Army of 1,912 toys. Including 27 of these trains.That makes a total of 4,112 for 2019. About a thousand less than our best years but not too shabby. (Two of our main club contributors...
          Today, 06:06 PM
        • Jim McDonald
          by Jim McDonald
          Scott, thanks a bunch for a great surprise.
          Today, 05:46 PM
        Working...
        X