Dowel rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dowel rods

where can i purchase dowel rods i only find red oak anyplace to buy maple or walnut

You might check your local Woodcraft Store, or get them online.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

Birch dowels are the most common available ones. Amazon sells birch. I have purchased maple dowels and other items from Casey's Wood Products. They have great service.
      https://www.caseyswood.com/

Woodcraft also sells dowels of various species.
      https://www.woodcraft.com/categories/dowels

So what are you making?.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Casey's is a very good place to buy dowel rod and other wood products for Crafts, Have done a lot of business with them. Very nice people
        I do not work for them

Comment

Our Walmart sells birch dowel rods, as does Michaels, Lowes and HD. To get walnut, you will probably need to order on-line. A quick Google shows that Rockler, Woodcraft and Klingspor carry them, along with other species.
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

If I need something beside ***** or oak, I go to Woodcraft. I don't order them - when I get by a Wood craft store (about once every 3 months or so), I just pick up a few.

I, also have plug and tenon cutters. If I just need some short ( 1 - 3 inches), I just cut them out of what ever wood I want to use.
            Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Might try http://www.dowelsondemand.com
              I don't have any history with them.

"Time to give back."
              "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DaveVanEss
                The Fickle Finger of Fate
                by DaveVanEss
                It is amazing how Edward R. Murrow's life could would have been different it is wasn't for this one event. When he was going to Washington State University he met a gorgeous girl going to the University of Idaho. They made a wonderful couple and they talked about getting married after Edward graduated....
                Yesterday, 11:16 AM
              • meflick
                Reply to Fall 2019 Issue
                by meflick
                Mine was in the mail Fri., just in time to throw in For our weekend camping trip. I agree, great looking projects to do and always fun to see the contributions and names of our forum friends, ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ™‚ now to carve out time to try a few of them.
                07-14-2019, 03:27 PM
              • meflick
                Reply to Unicorn Spit
                by meflick
                Thanks Betty. I will need to check our local store. I Will also check their online site and see if itโ€™s there. Now, I need to go and retrieve that Joanneโ€™s email with the coupon back out of the trash. ๐Ÿ˜‰...
                07-14-2019, 03:23 PM
              • meflick
                Reply to Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments
                by meflick
                Thank you Betty. You are very kind, just let me know whenever you are ready....
                07-14-2019, 03:19 PM
              • meflick
                Reply to Conversations
                by meflick
                Thanks to the Magazine that was in my mailbox on Fri, I know what a Unicorn ๐Ÿฆ„ Spit is. โ˜บ๏ธ I will be looking for some to try as well. No cookies here, trying to cut back on the sugar. ๐Ÿ˜” But I agree, if Elliott wants to think you made them, who are we to argue. ๐Ÿ˜‰ my day was great, we recently...
                07-14-2019, 03:16 PM
              Working...
              X