Remember that Purple Heart...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that Purple Heart...

That oxidized while under a pile of wood? Well, I put it back on the table under that same pile of wood and it’s been there since. When I picked it up today, this what I found, the color returned!! go figure!!
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Purpleheart seems to be funny that way. I've read anecdotal stories of it turning brown in the absence of UV light and/or when exposed to UV light. Some folks have had luck getting the purple color back after it turned brown and in other cases, the wood stayed brown. I have a piece of PH in my shop. It's been there for several years and is just as purple as the day I bought it. Go figure.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Bruce uses strips of it in cutting boards and still purple. I use the cutting board all the time.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I've used it in cutting boards, but it turns dark brown, as soon as I put mineral oil on it.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DaveVanEss
          The Fickle Finger of Fate
          by DaveVanEss
          It is amazing how Edward R. Murrow's life could would have been different it is wasn't for this one event. When he was going to Washington State University he met a gorgeous girl going to the University of Idaho. They made a wonderful couple and they talked about getting married after Edward graduated....
          Yesterday, 11:16 AM
        • meflick
          Reply to Fall 2019 Issue
          by meflick
          Mine was in the mail Fri., just in time to throw in For our weekend camping trip. I agree, great looking projects to do and always fun to see the contributions and names of our forum friends, 🥳🙂 now to carve out time to try a few of them.
          07-14-2019, 03:27 PM
        • meflick
          Reply to Unicorn Spit
          by meflick
          Thanks Betty. I will need to check our local store. I Will also check their online site and see if it’s there. Now, I need to go and retrieve that Joanne’s email with the coupon back out of the trash. 😉...
          07-14-2019, 03:23 PM
        • meflick
          Reply to Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments
          by meflick
          Thank you Betty. You are very kind, just let me know whenever you are ready....
          07-14-2019, 03:19 PM
        • meflick
          Reply to Conversations
          by meflick
          Thanks to the Magazine that was in my mailbox on Fri, I know what a Unicorn 🦄 Spit is. ☺️ I will be looking for some to try as well. No cookies here, trying to cut back on the sugar. 😔 But I agree, if Elliott wants to think you made them, who are we to argue. 😉 my day was great, we recently...
          07-14-2019, 03:16 PM
        Working...
        X