Remember that Purple Heart...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that Purple Heart...

That oxidized while under a pile of wood? Well, I put it back on the table under that same pile of wood and it’s been there since. When I picked it up today, this what I found, the color returned!! go figure!!
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Purpleheart seems to be funny that way. I've read anecdotal stories of it turning brown in the absence of UV light and/or when exposed to UV light. Some folks have had luck getting the purple color back after it turned brown and in other cases, the wood stayed brown. I have a piece of PH in my shop. It's been there for several years and is just as purple as the day I bought it. Go figure.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Bruce uses strips of it in cutting boards and still purple. I use the cutting board all the time.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I've used it in cutting boards, but it turns dark brown, as soon as I put mineral oil on it.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X