Rainbow poplar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow poplar

Bruce’s pay from the sawmill. Hard time Deciding what to make from it. It’s so pretty.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Does the color hold up?
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes. So pretty.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Very unusual I really like that.

DW
        Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
        John Wayne

Comment

Don't worry about what to make from it. I always believed the pattern will find the wood. There is something out there (or coming) that will be perfect.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Put a finish on it and hang it on the wall!! It is beautiful enough!
            AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

I have something in mind Jim, just thinking about it. This is one of the prettier pieces Bruce brought home. When they cut the popular they first ask Bruce if he wants it. Had I not been cutting the dragon and castle out of the box elder I would have cut it out of this. Especially with the knot in it.
              Betty

Comment

Great looking. Don't rush the decision. Something will come up that it will be perfect for.

"Time to give back."
                "Time to Give Back"

Comment

I agree with Wayne. I have two pieces of eastern red cedar that have a similar mix of colors in them. I have had them sitting on a shelf waiting for an idea. I have thought to use it in an intarsia project someday. Using it as a sky background, comes to mind.
                  Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                  No PHD, but I have my GED and my DD 214"
                  Website https://craftingcouple.com/

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
                    Does the color hold up?
                    The short answer is No. UV and oxidation will dull the colors to a dull brown over time. There are clear finishes that will slow but not totally stop it.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

But right now it is totally gorgeous
                      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I made Sarah a dragon and castle out of box elder 12 years ago. I finished it with outdoor uv polyurethane. The color stayed until she moved to Texas and hung it where the morning sun hits it. I’ll use the same on this wood, whatever I decide to make out of it. I’ve had wood for many years before using it so it won’t be a problem letting it sit for the right project.
                        Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X