Looking for Alowood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Alowood

Saw an article Bob wrote on it and I would like to try it out. Anyone know where I can get some?

Thanks

Dave

Hmmm.. when I go to www.alowood.com, my virus scanner freaks out. Let me see what I can find (I wrote that article many, many years ago).

www.WoodCarvingIllustrated.com
    www.FoxChapelPublishing.com
    www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

I went there and I got an ad from GoDaddy that the domain name is for sale. Looks like they are it around by that name anymore. Closed up or bought up!

Dave

Comment

Here's something I found.
        http://www.woodcentral.com/woodworki...how-to-get-it/

I couldn't find anything on the two websites referenced in the link, so I'm reaching out to them to see if it's still available.

It's a shame if it's no longer available because the wood was pretty interesting. I've still got a piece of the ebony, and there has been no warping or twisting even after all of these years.

www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

And, just heard back from Ednesaw. Alowood is no longer available. I've pulled the article down.

I'm sorry. I should have double checked before allowing that article to go live.

Best Regards,
          Bob Duncan
          Technical Editor, Woodworking/DIY
          www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

Dave--
            Bob cut it into extinction!
            Must have been some kind of special cellulose.
            Jim
            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

If I remember correctly from years ago (that's dangerous!) the wood was "french fried" in an oil. So one could take a softwood and put it in a deep fryer for a specific time and the wood would come out looking much more colorful and harder. Don't know what oil but assume a light vegetable oil may work. An interesting experience I may look at after the holidays.

Comment

This reminds me of brunite wood we obtained in Northern CA until the mill burned down, so was no longer available. I don't remember what wood they started with and heated it until it turned a beautiful brown and easy to cut. I really liked it.
                ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X