Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBplywood from Michaels

HI all
    While shopping with my wife the other day we were at Michaels and I noticed they had Revell 1/8 in bb plywood and it looked pretty good. Anybody ever bought it there?
    Bill

DEWALT 788 and Hegner 18vs..... AND STILL CUTTIN IT UP!!!!

Member of Scrollsaw Association of the World

Yes I get mine there all the time, usually buy when there is a 40% off coupon. edward
    http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00&ppuser=6384

Comment

I was doing a job for a friend who supplied the bb 1/8 from Michaels and I had lots of chip outs front and back. It was not that delicate and so I changed and used the real BB and not one chip out.

It may have just been the batch but it is just not worth the effort.

I get my 1/8 in 5' x 5' sheets for $15.95 CDN plus tax. from local lumber store (not big box)
      Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Hi all,
        That is not Baltic Birch that Michael's carries in our local store. It is aircraft grade plywood that many modelers, airplanes and boats, use. The glue is very hard and causes premature wear on the blade and in many cases, with thin stock (1/8"), the back side of your project will not look very good. BE WELL
        Rick
        Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

I use the 1/8 from there or ac Moore for my backs of the puzzle boxes. Works do what I need it for. Huge diffence from big box and local lumber in quality.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I really don't have any problem with it, you have to use a thin blade like 2/0, and tape all the way around, actually for the money it isn't bad. edward
            http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00&ppuser=6384

Comment

I use it all the time, did have some issues with once in a while getting chip out or splintering, but do have to look over the sheets some will be warped or bowed have to eye down the board to see or place it on the floor. I have gone in to get some and walked out empty handed due to every board being warped or bowed, its hit and miss.

Comment

I also buy my BB at a local supplier for ~ $15 a sheet 5' x 5' that equates to $.61 a sq ft.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Like Rolf I buy 5x5 sheets from a local supplier but I pay a bit more per sheet, $20. My most poplar selling ornament is a Sue Mey design angel. I get 120 ornaments out of a sheet and stack cut them 5 or 6 at a time. I am selling them for $5 each (120 x 5=$600).
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
                    Like Rolf I buy 5x5 sheets from a local supplier but I pay a bit more per sheet, $20. My most poplar selling ornament is a Sue Mey design angel. I get 120 ornaments out of a sheet and stack cut them 5 or 6 at a time. I am selling them for $5 each (120 x 5=$600).
                    Must be a good seller if you have to cut 120 of them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post

Must be a good seller if you have to cut 120 of them!!
                      I sell 75 to 80 each year. They have letters in them so there are really 26 versions.

Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

They are really nice. I don't do things with letters or names. Never fails, when I do they always what I don't have!!!
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                          Reply to clock inserts
                          Rolf
                          I also get mine from Sloans. http://www.sloanwoodshop.com/
                          Just know that you have to phone in your order, their delivery is fast and very friendly folks.!

The problem with any of the inserts you never know when they were made and how old the battery is. I bought a bunch of inserts...
                          Today, 07:54 AM
                        • jttheclockman
                          Reply to clock inserts
                          jttheclockman
                          What size and where are you buying from.
                          Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Puzzle boxes
                          will8989
                          Actually, it was about the animals stacked on top of one another. For some reason I can't find that issue. And my secret was about turning my alligator into a horse. Thanks for the info on Iggy and Scott. I will definitely check it out.
                          Yesterday, 11:28 PM
                        • dgman
                          Reply to clock inserts
                          dgman
                          I've had good luck with the inserts from Sloan's Woodshop.
                          Yesterday, 09:23 PM
                        • WHODAT
                          clock inserts
                          WHODAT
                          i use alot of clock inserts but always have problems with them usually not working after awhile i've tried about 4 different companies always the same problems anybody have a hidden places i don't know about.
                          Yesterday, 08:01 PM
                        Working...
                        X