Scrollsawing on Cherry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrollsawing on Cherry

I am scrollsawing on approx. 5/8' cherry and am having trouble with the edges burning. I am using #5 Olson reverse tooth blade. Would a faster, or slower speed help? Or a different size blade? Thanks for help.

Re: Scrollsawing on Cherry

Hi.I use a #7 reverse tooth blade when I scroll cherry.I usually use a medium speed,but most scrollers have advised me to start high and slowlly decrease the speed until the wood stops smoking.{Try it on unpatterned section for best results}Hope I have been of some help.Good luck
    Mark

Comment

I use the precision ground blades and that seems to help. But, as previously stated the right speed is the critical part. One thing that might work is lubricating the blade with some of that blade lube. Haven't tried that yet. Butif you get the speed right with an agressive blade, you'll be o.k. anyway (probably).

Comment

I just saw a tip on that somewhere, put clear tape over the cut lines, supposed to lube the blade or something, but they said it would stop the burning...simple enough solution to try...

Comment

Use clear PACKAGING tape (like from 3M), along with adjusting your speed. Should work with any appropriately-sized blade.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
            Reply to Communion cross
            by cwmagee
            That is beautiful.

I am chaffing at the bit to get back to the scroll saw, Unfortunately the urban renewal project "Redoing the deck" has taken over all of my time.
            Yesterday, 09:25 PM
          • daveswoodworking
            Comment on 2020 Ornament Exchange
            by daveswoodworking
            Yes I’ll send you the list of names and address to sent to after after the dead line
            Thank you for join the exchange
            Yesterday, 09:24 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Communion cross
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Excellent contrast not only in wood choices (LOVE the bocote), but also 90 degree corners on the bocote and radius corners on the maple. Very nice!
            Yesterday, 08:46 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to 2020 Ornament Exchange
            by vgraf
            I signed up four four, Will you be sending the list of where to send my ornaments?
            Yesterday, 08:19 PM
          • Trackman
            Reply to Winter issue
            by Trackman
            Got mine in East Central Indiana. Carole has a nice bowl idea an couple of tool reviews
            Yesterday, 07:44 PM
          Working...
          X