Scrollsawing on Cherry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrollsawing on Cherry

I am scrollsawing on approx. 5/8' cherry and am having trouble with the edges burning. I am using #5 Olson reverse tooth blade. Would a faster, or slower speed help? Or a different size blade? Thanks for help.

Re: Scrollsawing on Cherry

hi, try putting wide shipping tape onto your wood. It lubricates the blade helping to keep it cooler. Which will help reduce or eleminate the burning. May also need to slow your speed down some. I believe cherry does burn easy, but the tape will help a lot!

Comment

I like the PGT blades by Olson. They have a more agressive cut and don't burn as much. Try a 4017 or 4019. I haven't try any from Mike's Workshop (yet).

Comment

I tried Olson PGT blades two different times before I discovered  Flying Dutchman blades. First time , I thought I just got some bad ones. Second time was the same.Not at all satisfactory for me. I tried them because I thought they might be better than the regular line of Olson.
        Then I tried Flying Dutchman and I'll never go back to another brand as long as they cut the way they do. I have been using FD's exclusively for the last couple years. They are sharper and last longer than any blade I have ever used. I buy them by the gross and my favourite ones are the FD-SR series(Flying Dutchman-Scroll Reverse).
        I agree with the clear packing tape for cherry and slower speed. I would use a FD-SR # 5 for that and if the fretwork is not real intricate,I would use a FD-SR # 7
        Talk to Mike at the address below and he will give you expert advice on blades and even send you a couple samples.
        He's Da Man...
        W.Y.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X