Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for uk supplier for hardwoods

Hi All

I am looking for a uk supplier of hardwoods. I am currently using old floor boards mainly oak and bamboo, but have been given some solid walnut. I sand the boards down to get an good finish on both sides about 3/4" thick, but I am restricted on the size of patterns that I can use.

looking forward to your replies.

Keep on scrolling

hi shinzam
    try these for woods, i have been to their place in Millersdale, and by god its good.
    http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/craf...-site-map.html

hope this helps
    steve
    http://www.cabincraft.co.uk

Comment

I ran across this link in the UK when I was looking up the difference between Baltic Birch plywood and Russian Birch Plywood. This company carries (imports with all certificates) hardwoods, BB plywood and so forth.

http://www.lathamtimber.co.uk/

Of course I know nothing about this company, except I found this link.

Please, if you contact this company, let us know how you rate it. Bob, our moderator, may want to add them to our Other Great Sites for Wood vendor.

Phil

Comment

You might find this link useful.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for you replies.
          Steve the craft site is a great place to start you were right when you said it was good. It has a lot more than the wood which I can use, I only hope my credit card can keep up.
          Phil I tried that latham timber site but no luck they only deal in large orders but did give me a few other sites to follow up, I am still waiting to hear from them, but thanks anyway.
          Gill the links page is great lots of company sites to visit as I said to Steve I only hope my credit card can Keep up.

Thanks again Graham.
          Keep on scrolling

Comment

Today i had the oppertunity to get some nice Holly, i think i got about 50 kg now and there is more to get in the following days to come...Gonna dry it for turning and intarsia.

And me also reley on old floorboards, the nearby timberyard supplies for a few pounds in Ash, Oak, Maple, Cherry but for the more really fibrent colours i also need to buy some....I go to Axminster here nearby if i have/want to...
            At the moment i can cope on what i have now.

Danny
            My website: www.intarsia.co.uk
            That stuff on the floor....did my head just lost it??

Comment

Originally posted by shinzam
              Hi All

Thanks for you replies.
              Steve the craft site is a great place to start you were right when you said it was good. It has a lot more than the wood which I can use, I only hope my credit card can keep up.

Thanks again Graham.
              hi graham
              dont forget also, their catalogue is free, so order it from their site. A visit there is recomended, but as you say, you need an empty credit card as you can fill it easily.
              http://www.cabincraft.co.uk

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
                by Quartz43
                Maybe nothing has changed ? But is there anything that can be done to make it easier. The very large projects are difficult to copy over several pages and put together properly. I believe in making improvements and not preserving the status quo.

I enjoy the challenge of cutting a project...
                Today, 08:48 PM
              • keystonecop
                by keystonecop
                This is not a problem with the magazine for my issue.. It is a problem with the book having resized the drawings without giving the actual size.

I do again apologize for my post.. I cannot use the right words to explain it.. so maybe someone should just remove the post....
                Today, 07:29 PM
              • markdavd
                by markdavd
                Reading these replies, I am still trying to figure out what the problem really is. I haven't noticed changes in how they publish recently and I don't think I ever had trouble making copies of of the patterns I want to cut.

How did you copy the patterns 10 years ago? What has changed?...
                Today, 06:43 PM
              • Quartz43
                by Quartz43
                I am very glad to hear this and that Fox will look into the issue. Hopefully, they can do some things to try to make it easier to copy patterns.
                Today, 06:34 PM
              • keystonecop
                by keystonecop
                First I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest. Sorry for that. I will share that Kaylee Schofield reached out to me after my post (not sure if this forum or Facebook. From my past experience with her, she cares. I do believe she will address this issue. I do not think she is the type of person...
                Today, 05:36 PM
              Working...
              X