Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for uk supplier for hardwoods

Hi All

I am looking for a uk supplier of hardwoods. I am currently using old floor boards mainly oak and bamboo, but have been given some solid walnut. I sand the boards down to get an good finish on both sides about 3/4" thick, but I am restricted on the size of patterns that I can use.

looking forward to your replies.

Keep on scrolling

hi shinzam
    try these for woods, i have been to their place in Millersdale, and by god its good.
    http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/craf...-site-map.html

hope this helps
    steve
    http://www.cabincraft.co.uk

Comment

I ran across this link in the UK when I was looking up the difference between Baltic Birch plywood and Russian Birch Plywood. This company carries (imports with all certificates) hardwoods, BB plywood and so forth.

http://www.lathamtimber.co.uk/

Of course I know nothing about this company, except I found this link.

Please, if you contact this company, let us know how you rate it. Bob, our moderator, may want to add them to our Other Great Sites for Wood vendor.

Phil

Comment

You might find this link useful.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for you replies.
          Steve the craft site is a great place to start you were right when you said it was good. It has a lot more than the wood which I can use, I only hope my credit card can keep up.
          Phil I tried that latham timber site but no luck they only deal in large orders but did give me a few other sites to follow up, I am still waiting to hear from them, but thanks anyway.
          Gill the links page is great lots of company sites to visit as I said to Steve I only hope my credit card can Keep up.

Thanks again Graham.
          Keep on scrolling

Comment

Today i had the oppertunity to get some nice Holly, i think i got about 50 kg now and there is more to get in the following days to come...Gonna dry it for turning and intarsia.

And me also reley on old floorboards, the nearby timberyard supplies for a few pounds in Ash, Oak, Maple, Cherry but for the more really fibrent colours i also need to buy some....I go to Axminster here nearby if i have/want to...
            At the moment i can cope on what i have now.

Danny
            My website: www.intarsia.co.uk
            That stuff on the floor....did my head just lost it??

Comment

Originally posted by shinzam
              Hi All

Thanks for you replies.
              Steve the craft site is a great place to start you were right when you said it was good. It has a lot more than the wood which I can use, I only hope my credit card can keep up.

Thanks again Graham.
              hi graham
              dont forget also, their catalogue is free, so order it from their site. A visit there is recomended, but as you say, you need an empty credit card as you can fill it easily.
              http://www.cabincraft.co.uk

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                Reply to New tools
                by jim_mex
                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
              • Hobbyhorse
                Reply to New tools
                by Hobbyhorse
                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
              • Hobbyhorse
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by Hobbyhorse
                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by KarlB
                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                by KarlB
                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
              Working...
              X