plexiglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plexiglass

how do you cut plexiglass? when i cut it, it melts back together. it is frusterating!

thanks
    "You should see what I saw!"

Making sawdust with a Delta SS350

its blade choice. I use Flying dutchman polar blades with great results. The tooth configuration is designed for cutting plexi. Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Slow down your blade speed and your feed rate. Also, try using skip tooth blades with no reverse teeth.
      Jim
      DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Comment

thanks! ill try it!
        "You should see what I saw!"

Making sawdust with a Delta SS350

Comment

Just plain skiptooth blades will work fine. I cut a bunch of ornaments with them and had no problems at all. I had great luck with Pegas #3 skiptooth. As mentioned, slow down the saw and the feed rate. Also, make sure you don't remove the paper from the plexi before cutting. If the paper is missing on one side, replace it with tape. I also use black plexiglass for the backers for all my portraits and never have a problem with skiptooth blades.
          Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
          www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Try here:

http://www.scrollsaws.com/

Click on video tips, then scroll down to plexiglass. The tip using mineral oil is the best.

Comment

Scrollerman:
              I have cut a lot of plexglass (the 1/16 inch thick type) for patterns and yes it would stick together due to the heat of the blade melting the plexi. What I found works for me is to place a single strip of 2 inch packing tape (the kind for keeping cardboard boxes shut) on the underside of the plexi behind the cut line. I find a standard 12 TPI blade works best. Hope it works for you.
              Bob
              Last edited by Bob in Whitby; 01-09-2007, 06:11 PM.
              Scrolling satisfies the passion for intricate creativity. My saw is an Excalibur EX21.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                by will8989
                This market is run a little different than most. All monies collected go back into the market. Each month they put on a different event to draw in people. The budget is usually $600 in the busy months. The pavilion is well maintained with sides that pull down in the colder months. The only time Sunday...
                Today, 01:41 AM
              • cwmagee
                Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                by cwmagee
                A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                Yesterday, 07:28 PM
              • Rolf
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Rolf
                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                That is...
                Yesterday, 08:15 AM
              • Jimern
                by Jimern
                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                Yesterday, 06:29 AM
              • will8989
                by will8989
                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                10-20-2020, 11:10 PM
              Working...
              X