This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janka Hardness scale

Here is a link to the janka hardness scale.
    If you are familiar with the attributes of a particular species of wood, you can compare its rating with a new to you species of wood and have an idea of how useable it may be for your project.

Janka hardness scale link
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• axor
    Reply to Shawl pins
    by axor
    Hello! I just wanted to hear criticism about my patterns and your first comment! Thank you! Tell your e-mail and I will send you patterns without unnecessary images....
    Today, 12:50 AM
  • leehljp
    I Thought the Spring Issue Looked Familiar!
    by leehljp
    When the Spring Issue of Scrollsaw Woodworking came out, it looked familiar to me but I couldn't figure out just why.

When we were in Japan, I collected two kinds of Starbucks mugs regularly: 1. Each major city had its own Starbucks mug; Each New year for about 1 week, Starbucks sold a...
    Yesterday, 11:03 PM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Sloan's Woodshop is retiring next month
    by Jim McDonald
    Placed my order today. Rhonda told me they will miss the folks calling in, but they just needed to get some time after running the business all these years.
    I expressed my thanks for all the support they have given the hobby through the years and the guidance they provided to new scrollers--myself...
    Yesterday, 09:20 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Pegas saw
    by will8989
    But that was before the Internet age.
    Yesterday, 08:01 PM
  • Trackman
    Proud to be changes
    by Trackman
    Had a order that wanted Sue Mey’s proud to be patterns but with names of the people getting them. The EMS was for another customer who only wanted the logo. So Got a proud to be one for EMS people. I will make one to sale someday. Moved the letters using the old school of cutting an pasting. Love...
    Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Working...
X