Plastiglas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plexieglass

When I cut plexiglass I use clear packing tape on top of the patteren.

Comment

I cut a piece of plastiglass on my moto saw and it worked, but like one poster said the blade will heat up and melt the plastic, but I found once I got the blade out it snapped when I went to break the waste piece off the plastiglass. So I won't be cutting any of this unless I have to. Have a great day,, Fay
      Have a great day, Fay.

Comment

The best advise that I got for cutting any plastic was using clear packing tape.. I do that when cutting backing for my clocks.

Comment

I found that a very small gas torch melt sharp edges at least on plexi glass and should do the same on plastic. Remember don't hold the flame to close and use quick brushing strokes. Try this out on some of the fall off scraps to see if it works for you.

Comment

Just had my first experience cutting plexiglass with a scroll saw (really, anything other than wood.) It was my dad's small Ryobi one and I had to replace the back window that fell out of my truck's cap (it's 25+ years old). Was having all sorts of melting issues, not even helped by running the blade backwards. Packing tape saved the day. I suspect running a backwards blade with packing tape would work too.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X