This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redwood Source

I've had a few people aske me where to find redwood. It's a nice, easy to cut wood and I use quite a bit of it (Fox in SSWC and mini birhouse ornaments). I went down to my redwood store today to stock up and was talking to the owner. I asked if they ship since I'd had some inquiries. I just wanted to let you know that they are more than happy to ship. They have lots of shades and thicknesses, and can probably set you up with whatever you need in the way of redwood. Really nice pop and son place. Anyhow - place is called Redwood Northwest. Owner is Tom Christian. 541-434-2166
    Redwood Northwest [email protected]

Best to call so you can talk to them directly. Thought I'd pass this along.
    Janette
    www.square-designs.com

Thanks Janette for some really great information. I've stuck this one so it does not get lost.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I brought in a couple of the compound cut ornaments to show him (and as a thank you) and he was tickled to death. Redwood is about the easiest thing I've found to cut those mini birdhouse ornaments from - and the color is really nice in them.
      Janette
      www.square-designs.com

Comment

Thanks Janette for posting that source for Redwood, always good to know someone who used the suppliers, and had a good experience.
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Janette,
          Do they provide thicknessed wood?
          Steve
          Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Is "thicknessed" a misspelling or is it just a term I am not familiar with? Please don't be offended; I am trying to learn and ask a lot of questions.

Comment

What do you mean by thicknessed? as opposed to thinnessed ?

He has all sorts of stuff and could probably plane if that's what you need?
              Janette
              www.square-designs.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X