Found this hiding in a corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this hiding in a corner

Found this piece of butternut looking for something for a frame I have to make.
    5x20x1/2"
    Attached Files
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Looks like it might have been bug food for quite awhile. Still could make an interesting project.

Comment

I picked up a few 8X1X10 oak boards with the same bug marks. They can actually look good with rustic projects like frames or country furniture. Back in my early days of truck driving when I was a furniture mover, the going style was dented furniture. Folks liked the dark pine furniture that had been beat with a chain. Now they like faded paint with chips in it. Start a new fad with your find and make a bundle.
      It's never hot or cold in NH, it's always seasonal!

Comment

Could make a bowl from a board. It might turn out nice.
        Roger

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dwssr2
          Reply to hegner 2"
          by dwssr2
          I have no idea what the measurements of the 18" table are, I can give measurements of the poly max and the 14"....
          Today, 05:22 AM
        • MidMich324
          Reply to hegner 2"
          by MidMich324
          Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
          Yesterday, 09:30 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Spring Issue
          by will8989
          I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
          Yesterday, 09:28 PM
        • millwab
          Reply to Peanuts #1
          by millwab
          Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
          Yesterday, 02:51 PM
        • Don in Brooklin On
          Reply to Spring Issue
          by Don in Brooklin On
          Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
          Yesterday, 01:48 PM
        Working...
        X