Okoume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okoume

Recently I was given about 30 board feet of Okoume. I did a Google search on it and found that is a Western African wood. It is very light and soft and it dents very easily.

I was trying to find the value of the 30 board feet I have, but I can't find any pricing on it.

Do any of you know what it is worth?

Thanks.
    WisEl

RBI Hawk 226 VS

Go Brewers!

Did not find a value but did find this.

Bob

Comment

Thanks, Bob. I don't think it is very valuable. It is extremely soft.
      WisEl

RBI Hawk 226 VS

Go Brewers!

Comment

That possibly would be a decent carving wood by the way that wiki thing sounds,
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Good point, Dale. I'm not a carver, but I have a friend who is. I'm going to give some to see what he thinks. Thanks for the tip.
          WisEl

RBI Hawk 226 VS

Go Brewers!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
            It is so cute (Christmas deer)
            by alexscrollsaw
            "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
            Today, 02:03 PM
          • markdavd
            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
            by markdavd
            I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
            Today, 09:45 AM
          • NC Scroller
            by NC Scroller
            My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
            Today, 07:42 AM
          • will8989
            by will8989
            None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
            Today, 12:20 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            by Linda In Phoenix
            What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
            The bags seem easier on the surface.
            But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
            Yesterday, 03:24 PM
          Working...
          X