Blue Pine Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Pine Source

This is a western wood & I'm in an eastern state (PA). I used to get some from the handsome woodman, who has apparently dropped off the net - at least the website comes up as a 404.

Does anyone have another good source who ships?

Thanks

Tony
    The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Try This BLUE PINE WANNA B

Worked fine just now
    Got Moose?

Comment

Hey Tony, I tried my link to The Handsome Woodsman and got in. Try this link.
      Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

The website is up and operating properly.

Jan

Comment

I too was able to view the Handsome site, may have been down temporarily..

The Handsome Woodman,
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You can always give judy a call or e-mail [email protected]
            Janette
            www.square-designs.com

Comment

Menards 3rd quality has a lot of blue pine. That's where I get mine

Comment

Thanks for the links everyone!!!

I guess mine had expired or something - just wasn't working. I got another heron to make. and need it for a couple other projects.

Again - I really appreciate the help.
                The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Found out the other day ebonizing pine will turn it gray - there's another thread around here somewhere
                  Janette
                  www.square-designs.com

Comment

That's very useful information, Janette. Judy is having fits finding a mostly unstreaked dark blue board for me.

Jan

Comment

A few weeks ago I was at Roberts Hardwood in Sarasota, Fl. Dan ( the guy in the lumber warehouse) told me that blue pine would be coming in by the truckload. Apparently a couple hundred thousand acres of pine in Canada have been killed off by the beetle that makes the pine blue. He said that once they start cutting it there will be loads of it..
                      Jack

Comment

I'm in Canada and have not heard this and wouldn't know where to buy it here. Must ask around,.
                        Diane
                        Dragon
                        Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                        Owner of a Dewalt 788
                        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Diane - you should be able to find it by asking your local lumber place - it is just regular pine (probably #2 or #3 grade). Most of it comes from the west where the trees have been beetle killed. BC, Washington and OR are likely the main places
                          Janette
                          www.square-designs.com

Comment

Thanks Janette. I will check out the local places.
                            Diane
                            Dragon
                            Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                            Owner of a Dewalt 788
                            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

I also found some at a Menards. When I go to a lumber yard or big box store, I will walk down the wood aisle looking for interesting wood. I found a bunch a few weeks ago at Menards and it was a lower quality pine. I picked up some 6-8" wide boards with some very nice blue in them. I looked at the price of some of the blue pine boards and was kind of shocked.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X