Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocooch Hardwoods great customer service

Hello all,
    I recently made a purchase of 5 boards of Red Oak, 1/4"X12"X24" from Ocooch hardwoods. 2 of the boards came split down the middle. I e-mailed their customer service and I got a reply from Ethan and an apology. He said he would send the replacements and I thought I would have to send the 2 broken boards back. I got the 2 new boards within a week and he did not ask for the broken ones. I have purchased from them many times and this is the first time I had a problem. They say you find out how good a company is, when you have a problem. I would say this is a very good company and I will keep buying from them. I just thought I would share this "good news" since so many times people will complain about a company faster than they will give a good review. I include myself in this catagory. Thanks.
    Mark
    Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Ocooch Hardwoods is actually under new ownership. But even with the prior owners, I had a problem with some wood they sent me which warped really bad and they gave me a full refund. The new owners also updated their web site and have made ordering wood much easier.

Comment

I've ordered from them 3 times now and have been completely pleased with the quick turnaround and really happy with the boards that they sent. I love to do business with a company where you can tell that real human beings work there, people who care about their product and their service. Ocooch will continue to get my business!

Comment

I agree as well, no problems with Ocooch hardwoods. Orders in the past have been great also. I also pick up several boards while at the Midwest Trade Show in Richland Center, Wisconsin.

I ordered 3/8" and 1/2" walnut last Sunday and received the boards yesterday, the 23rd.

waynemn

Comment

I live only about 50 miles from thier place in southwestern Wisconsin and I went to pay them a visit yesterday. Saved a little on shipping, but with gas prices the way they are I probably broke even. They are great people! Lots of beautiful wood. They don't have a store as such, just a couple of rooms in an old farmhouse. But they welcomed us and let us browse. I picked up a bunch of wood to make some of the Dan Wilckens clock patterns that I bought some time back at the Richland Center trade show. They have a huge variety of wood in widths up to 8". Give them a call for your next order.

Ray F

Comment

Originally posted by RFortier View Post
            I live only about 50 miles from thier place in southwestern Wisconsin and I went to pay them a visit yesterday. Saved a little on shipping, but with gas prices the way they are I probably broke even. They are great people! Lots of beautiful wood. They don't have a store as such, just a couple of rooms in an old farmhouse. But they welcomed us and let us browse. I picked up a bunch of wood to make some of the Dan Wilckens clock patterns that I bought some time back at the Richland Center trade show. They have a huge variety of wood in widths up to 8". Give them a call for your next order.

Ray F
            Ordered some 1/8" BB from them and was amazed at the speed of delivery. Even with shipping they beat the price per piece I was paying locally by more than 50% Will be using them again in the future.
            Your description of their sore makes me even more comfortable.
            No BS just work
            May the wind at you back .....
            Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I agree with everybody, this is my second order from them and the new owner are as solid as the previous owner.
              If you need any help just call Ethan, he is great to deal with.

Comment

A couple of yrs ago, I was making a shot glass holder for my cousin retirement gift. He was in the Navy for 20 yrs and he collected shot glasses from around the world. I didn't find the wood that I needed at the Midwest Trade show, so I talked to the owners of Ocooch Hardwoods. They told me that they could stop by the shop before the show the following day & get the wood for me. They even cut it to size.
                Yep - Wonderful Customer Service.
                www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Yup, they are one of the few companies you can count on, I have never ever had a bad experience with Ocooch, with the new owners of the original owners!
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Their hardwoods are great quality, but I advise against the baltic birch. I bought some 1/8" and some 1/4", and it was loaded with dark streaks, both sides, and must have been cut with a really coarse blade table saw. Every side had chips out all along the edges.

Paul
                    www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

I'm going to be driving through that area this summer on vacation, and have already planned a stop there. I'm looking forward to that almost as much as the vacation

Comment

My first order from them was a complete success. All top quality wood with no cupping or bowing. I am rapidly using it up and will definitely order from them again.

george
                        A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                        George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

I am also impressed with their quality of wood and timely manner in which I received my order. I put my order in on a Sunday and got the wood on Thursday of the same week.

Comment

Mine came a few weeks ago - very flat, no warp at all. The walnut was light colored on one end and dark on the other though. I probably will only use the dark end.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X