Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHokpic
    replied
    Looks like red oak to me... but that's my NE influence speaking. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Mick Walker
    replied
    I know that black locust is very heavy and dense, but so is oak. Oak when cut has a sour smell to it. Don't know anything about gum wood.

Leave a comment:

• oldvaxguy
    replied
    Two things to help better identify it. As Scott said what state and part of the state. Also a sharper photo of the bark and the end grain.

My Guess right now is it looks like oak to me.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    real hard to tell from the pic. Where did the wood come from (state)?

Leave a comment:

• Carl E Jacobs
    replied
    Originally posted by cjswoodcrafts View Post
    i posted this on facebook, and i had 2 folks say it could be black locust, 1 thought it was a gum tree, hoping yall can help me out
    What I Can SEE in the pix could be either,sorry!
    Carl

Leave a comment:

• cjswoodcrafts
    started a topic needing help on the id of this

needing help on the id of this

i posted this on facebook, and i had 2 folks say it could be black locust, 1 thought it was a gum tree, hoping yall can help me out
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to Farmers market
    by will8989
    I just used different wood scraps I had to make the kayaks. I still do t see anymore in my future.
    Today, 01:09 AM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
    by Jim McDonald
    Twenty years in electronics retail and here is a quick dirty way to tell the difference:
    a fast blow will only have the wire element. Slow blow almost always has some extra structure that will be left behind after the fuse blows.
    Secondly, there is a series of three letter engraved on one...
    Yesterday, 08:54 PM
  • Ennobee
    Reply to Looking For Mom and Baby Animal Pattern
    by Ennobee
    They look like David Spielmann's Designs to me. I will check my library this evening, but I bet you already that they are from one of his pattern books.
    Yesterday, 01:55 PM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
    by jim_mex
    Thanks all - you folks do wonders for my ego with your comments and importantly fire me up to keep trying new things

Scott - once this Covid situation has passed I'll definitely be heading up to NC. I'm tentatively thinking late spring/early summer next year. I am not sure just what pointers...
    Yesterday, 01:35 PM
  • JustLarry
    Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
    by JustLarry
    I found this information on fuses in general.

Blowing type. Fast-blow fuses will blow as soon as the current reaches the fuse's amperage rating, while slow-blow fuses are designed to tolerate a large number of startup surges and modest short-term overloads without blowing.
    Fast-blow...
    Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Working...
X