Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good Replacement for Duro Spray Adhesive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good Replacement for Duro Spray Adhesive?

Can No longer find Duro Spray Adhesive in California (not sure about the rest of the world)
    Lowe's replaced it with LOCTITE. anyone have any experience with it?
    Same Price $4.99 , more product.

LOCTITE 13.5 Oz. Acetone Adhesive
    Acetone
    Interior/Exterior
    Paper, cardboard, foam, fabric, leather, felt, cork, foil, certain plastics, metal, glass and wood

DURO 11 Oz. General Spray Clear Adhesive
    Acetone
    Interior/Exterior
    paper, fabrics, foil, foams, leather, cardboard, metal, wood, plastics
    The other John A. Nelson
    johnsworkshop.com
    sigpic
    I just follow the lines and make sawdust
    on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

I use the Loctite #100 (marked as Light on the can). Never had a problem. Releases easily, all around great for patterns. Your mileage may vary....
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"Make the project so you're happy with it. It makes no difference if someone else likes it or approves of it. If you're happy with how it turned out, then it's a masterpiece". - My Dad 2010

Comment

I get good results with 3M "Super 77" sprayed on the back of a pattern, then apply the pattern to the blue painters tape that I have put on the wood.
      I get the Super 77 at Lowe's
      Jack

Comment

Couple guys in my scroll saw club said that the Loctite #100 is the rough equivalent to the Duro product. I bought a can last week, but haven't used it yet, so I can't comment from personal experience.

I've also used Krylon Repositionable Spray Adhesive in the past and like it a lot. Around here, it's several dollars more per can than the Duro/Loctite stuff though.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I use 3M "Super 77", not cheap, almost $10 here.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield_Bob View Post
            I use 3M "Super 77", not cheap, almost $10 here.

Bob
            I use the Super 77 as well. I find my $10 can lasts a long, long time!
            ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Another vote for the 3M Super 77.

Comment

Yet another vote for 3M Super 77, but around $14 a can here.
                "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Ditto 3M 77.
                  Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Another vote for M77. Here is a tip. If you apply the pattern directly to the wood and not on tape a little mineral spirits will remove the pattern and M77 quickly.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I use a 3M general purpose 45 buy it at walmart 10.25 oz can for around $5.00 to $6.00 they claim it will cover 70 sq ft and is photo safe. works well for me. if you need some I will send it with the walnut I bought you to try it..
                      Keith Kvalheim
                      My Scroll Saw Work

Comment

Originally posted by coyote4 View Post
                        I use a 3M general purpose 45 buy it at walmart 10.25 oz can for around $5.00 to $6.00 they claim it will cover 70 sq ft and is photo safe. works well for me. if you need some I will send it with the walnut I bought you to try it..
                        This is the one I use and it's great for all my needs .......MB .......
                        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

use elwers here take off glue with heat gun than wipe with mineral spirts.

Comment

The cheapest spray adhesive on the shelf when I'm buying gets my vote. I always use blu painters tape.
                            May the wind at you back .....
                            Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Me too for the M 77. I use a hair dryer to remove the patterns with no tape under patterns. Works for me...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                This market is run a little different than most. All monies collected go back into the market. Each month they put on a different event to draw in people. The budget is usually $600 in the busy months. The pavilion is well maintained with sides that pull down in the colder months. The only time Sunday...
                                Today, 01:41 AM
                              • cwmagee
                                Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                                by cwmagee
                                A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                                Yesterday, 07:28 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                                That is...
                                Yesterday, 08:15 AM
                              • Jimern
                                by Jimern
                                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                                Yesterday, 06:29 AM
                              • will8989
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                10-20-2020, 11:10 PM
                              Working...
                              X