Looking for 1/8" maple plywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 1/8" maple plywood

Any one have any experience with these folks?

Plywood Online, Hardwood Plywood, Walnut, Cherry, Baltic Birch, Hickory
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Just saw their ad in the new issue of our magazine. I was going to give them a try in a couple of weeks when I run low again. Let us know what you experience. You can be a pioneer.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Well for now I think I will pass for now and stick with my other suppliers. I started to place an order until I saw they were charging $17.00 to ship a $50.00 material order. That was economy shipping. IMHO those shipping costs are too rich for my blood.
      Scott

Comment

There are several wood suppliers in the Raleigh area that may have cheaper shipping.North Carolina Woodworker Wood Suppliers of NC
        Check region 3 down the page.
        Tony

Comment

Their shipping costs was something I was curious about. Thanks for the feedback.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi NC, sloans woodshop has Maple Ply.

Comment

Originally posted by jsweig2579 View Post
              Hi NC, sloans woodshop has Maple Ply.

Thanks....I normally buy my 1/8" maple from Sloan's but it never hurts to shop around.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
                Well for now I think I will pass for now and stick with my other suppliers. I started to place an order until I saw they were charging $17.00 to ship a $50.00 material order. That was economy shipping. IMHO those shipping costs are too rich for my blood.
                That's not that bad... You wouldn't want to get a taste of Canadian shipping costs. Anything thicker than 1/2" counts as a small packet and costs about $14 to ship across the country. That's the base price.

For me, maple ply is several times more expensive than Baltic birch so... birch it is then!
                Keith Fenton
                Scroll saw patterns @
                www.sheilalandrydesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCR0LL3R View Post
                  That's not that bad... You wouldn't want to get a taste of Canadian shipping costs. Anything thicker than 1/2" counts as a small packet and costs about $14 to ship across the country. That's the base price.

For me, maple ply is several times more expensive than Baltic birch so... birch it is then!

Yes we Americans are spoiled but everyone likes to save money when they can.
                  Scott

Comment

In my opinion, we Americans aren't spoiled. We are just accustomed to something different.
                    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                    Desert Woodcrafters
                    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                      Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                      by will8989
                      Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                      Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by will8989
                      Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                      Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by will8989
                      He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                      Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Sundays market
                      by will8989
                      We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                      Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                    Working...
                    X