Beech in the Netherlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beech in the Netherlands

I am very new to scrollsawing, but I like it! I want to make more toys, but the soft wood I am using splinters and dents a lot. Here in the Netherlands beech is used a lot for toys, so I started looking for sources.

I found somebody online who sells all shapes and sizes, and wants to make a package of 30 kg's for 80 euros. I have no idea if this is a right price, or that I am better of at a specialized company who sells standard sizes.

Can anybody in this region shine a light on this for me? I am willing to spend 80 euros, but not if it's high priced. For starters, a picture of how much 30 kg's of beech looks like would help.

Thanks you very much.
    edited

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Bruce at the sawmill
    by will8989
    This video was taken where Bruce volunteers at the sawmill. Bruce is the tall one at the back of the saw.
    https://youtu.be/ffsJjR0Sc3c
    Yesterday, 09:27 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to How to start the day
    by will8989
    No worries Linda, I have all my receipts since we bought the house, the updates on the updates!
    Yesterday, 09:22 PM
  • vgraf
    Reply to elementary questions
    by vgraf
    Cute Pattern.
    I have good success treating the wood with spry shellac before cutting. There will not be a problem painting the pieces with craft paint over the shellac. As previously said, just be sure to keep the paint off of the cut edges. If you want to seal the craft paint, a light spray coat...
    Yesterday, 09:14 PM
  • dwssr2
    Reply to elementary questions
    by dwssr2

This is the puzzle, for some reason I usualy make my puzzels with thicker stock, sometimes 3/4 oak or pine or poplar. I have made puzzels in the past I just wanted to get some fresh ideas on blades and finish. I like the idea of applying shellac first that is if the paint sitll covers...
    Yesterday, 06:30 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post #7
    by will8989
    No more waiting for weeks to start therapy. The sooner you use the replacement the better. Bruce was doing mild hand exercises the day after his surgery and bending slightly at the elbow. They expected him in pt for at least 6-9 months. He stopped in February and is doing home therapy, like lifting...
    Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Working...
X