Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storing wood

Hello
    I just got a bunch of cedar wood that is about 1/2" thick. I have a question about storing the wood. I have a unheat shed that I can store it in but could get damp but not real bad or I can store it in my shop where it is heated but it will take some room that I would like to use for working. What would be the best place to store it?
    Thank you in advance
    Tom

It would be best in your shop but if you sticker it in the unheated space it should be okay as long as it is not subjected to the elements. Can you make a storage area over head in your shop? This space is often over looked for storage space.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• leehljp
      Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
      by leehljp
      I haven't posted in a few months but I have been keeping up. I agree with what Mark is saying. To make everything for everyone would be very difficult. And I understand (from my wife's perspective) that computer apps are totally made for nerds - in her opinion. The breakdown is often between two of...
      Yesterday, 11:37 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Old Tool - Reborn
      by will8989
      I really like that. Will have to show it to Bruce.
      Yesterday, 10:47 PM
    • evilbadger
      Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
      by evilbadger
      Yes I'm still using the one I built I did some upgrades to it though. I swapped out the pipes for linear motion rails and made the gantry out of aluminum. I guess if I were to upgrade now I would be looking for a full size machine that could do 4x8 sheets of plywood with an automatic tool changer but...
      Yesterday, 09:28 PM
    • vgraf
      Reply to Old Tool - Reborn
      by vgraf
      Looks great!
      Yesterday, 08:15 PM
    • tgiro01
      Old Tool - Reborn
      by tgiro01
      With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
      Yesterday, 03:24 PM
    Working...
    X