Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source of good quality plywood in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source of good quality plywood in the UK?

Hi, I am looking for a source of high grade Baltic birch plywood in the UK. In fact, the artist is my uncle who is based in Brazil. He cannot find a decent material which does not chip or crack on the scroll saw in his city and I promise I would try to find something better for him!

A friend of mine is coming for a short visit next week and I would like to send the wood with him. it needs to fit in a bag, so I cannot send the 2.5m sheets I seen in the shops!

Here is the spec of the sheets required for the project (thickness in millimeters needs to be rounded, I think):

Baltic birch plywood
    3/4" x 1.1/2" x 1.1/2" 19.05mm x 38mm x 38mm
    2 pieces 1/2" x 12" x 12" 12.7mm x 305mm x 305mm
    3/8" x 12" x 12" 9.5mm x 305mm x 305mm
    1/4" x 12" x 12" 6.35mm x 305mm x 305mm
    2 pieces 1/8" x 12" x 12" 3.18mm x 305mm x 305mm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Misouri Wayne
    Reply to Old & New
    by Misouri Wayne
    Very nice tribute. Thanks for sharing.
    Today, 06:55 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Festool vac and Pegas scroll saw
    by will8989
    Jo, when I got my hegner long ago it had a light with it. In the back of the light was an outlet for the footpedal. I put in a 3 prong plug and plugged in my footpedal and vacuum. Ran great for 15 years. A few years ago the outlet on the lamp died and my footpedal at the same time. I had to replace...
    Today, 01:27 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Old & New
    by will8989
    I got chills reading that. A treasure for a lifetime.
    Today, 12:01 PM
  • will8989
    Birthday presents for grandkids
    by will8989
    Conversation with Bruce. I need some beads for the dream catchers. Bruce - let me go look through my stash. I have what you need. Me - of course you do. When I first started doing shows, Bruce would go and make dreamcatcher earrings and other jewelry. He was quite good at it. Of course he was. He kept...
    Today, 11:59 AM
  • Jo Labre
    Reply to Festool vac and Pegas scroll saw
    by Jo Labre
    The saw was plugged into a Festool Midi vac, which was plugged directly into a wall outlet.

Rolf, could you explain your setup again? It appears your saw is plugged into foot switch which is plugged into outlet strip. Where does the Festool fit? Does it turn on when saw starts if it is...
    Today, 10:02 AM
Working...
X