Colored Cellophane Sheets Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored Cellophane Sheets Wanted

I've been looking for some colored cellophane sheets. Specifically, I'm looking for green, red, blue, and brown.

So far, all I've been able to find are 100ft rolls of this and at this stage of things, I don't want to buy that much. I can also buy a large pack of "assorted" sheets, but you don't know what colors you are getting like this. I've tried Hobby Lobby with no luck, and Blick Art Supplies which is where I found the large rolls.

I'm wanting to try some ornaments using this cellophane between two stack cut pieces to give me, hopefully, a suncatcher/stained glass look. But right now, I don't know how this is going to work out, hence the reluctance to boy a big roll of each color.

If anyone knows where I can buy this like I want to buy it, in sheets, I'd appreiate hearing from you.
    Retired..... Most days!!
    PhD in grandkid spoiling
    Taking it as easy as I can in the Piedmont section of North Carolina

Try your local dollar store or party store or paper mart.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

try a stage supply hose they use that for flood lights to give color to the act. it is called spot light gel. comes in many colors and less than 100"

Comment

Teacher supply stores or websites. Art supply stores also. Staples, Office Depot maybe.
        Keith

Comment

A possibility

Clear-Lay Rigid PVC (Vinyl) Film
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I done things that sound similar to what you are trying to do. I have found that vellum paper seems to work better for me. The paper is easier to work with and get to stick where you want it to. Also it seems to catch the light better - even with indirect sunlight coming through, they really have a nice glow to them.

I get mine here:

Vellum Paper, Over 35 Translucent Vellum Colors - Paperandmore.com

They have a great selection, and you can order single sheets if you just want to try it.

Comment

Try a florist or party supply store.

Sometimes the florists wrap a gift basket and may have a source.

Or if you have an upscale "foodie" store, they do gift baskets filled with different foods, etc.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Paladin,
                Thanks for that link. I use blue vellum behind some of my votive nativities. The problem is that the color that I really like was discontinued (blue). I will try to get a sampler from them to see what their blues look like. I used to get it from AC moore or Micheals.
                I don't have apicture og the nativity but I used the same paper on this scalled down Sur Mey design.
                Attached Files
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Good luck with your effort but a word of caution; I tried gluing very thin colored acetate sheets both between and on one side only of several Christmas projects several years back and found that:

A) the glue did not stick the acetate too well.(I tried hot glue, titebond and spray adhesive) and B) if I only put it on one side of a piece the wood warped rather quickly unless I had first sealed both sides and all interior frets surfaces then (A) began to occur again.

george
                  A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                  George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

I get mine from Michael's. They have all colors in our stores. Ask someone working there to direct you to the location.
                    Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

How about those transparent plastic report covers in the school supplies section. I've seen them in red, blue, yellow and green. I'm not sure about brown though.

Comment

Originally posted by sawdustus View Post
                        Good luck with your effort but a word of caution; I tried gluing very thin colored acetate sheets both between and on one side only of several Christmas projects several years back and found that:

A) the glue did not stick the acetate too well.(I tried hot glue, titebond and spray adhesive) and B) if I only put it on one side of a piece the wood warped rather quickly unless I had first sealed both sides and all interior frets surfaces then (A) began to occur again.

george
                        I have to admit that I have tried that once before too but the problem was the same unfortunately... the glue did not stick properly and it looked aweful. I was just creating one of my 'traditional' birthday hampers my sister gets from me every single year (of course with a different filling every time) and I tried to glue the acetate... in the end it looked so ugly that I had to do it all over again not using glue but a binding method.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X