Scrolling CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling CDs

Has anyone tried scolling ornaments from CDs? I know a couple of years ago there was an article about how to do it in one of the magazines. I'm guessing it's like cutting plastic, only thinner. I've got a great big ol' pile of AOL cds that a friend decided she would collect for me

Instead of throwing them in the trash I thought I would go ahead and try cutting a few out and give them as gifts. The secretaries here usually do something small, in the $5 range. I figured this was better than that - free, except for the blade and my labor.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience. Thanks
    Last edited by Dusty Buffalo; 09-13-2006, 06:52 AM.
    Kelly
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

that sounds like a good idea. You could also cut slots halfway through the cd's and then you could put two or more cd's together for a more 3D effect.

I would guess that you might want to use masking tape on both sides of a cd before cutting them, or you might get some chip out.
    Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
      Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
      by will8989
      Glad to hear that. Slow and steady.
      Today, 09:54 PM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
      by Linda In Phoenix
      Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
      Today, 09:12 PM
    • Tom in Ashland
      The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
      by Tom in Ashland
      Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
      Today, 08:08 PM
    • keystonecop
      Reply to Tough Decisions
      by keystonecop
      Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
      Today, 06:14 PM
    • KarlB
      Reply to Tough Decisions
      by KarlB
      " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
      Today, 04:02 PM
    Working...
    X