Wood Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Help

I'm stateside now and want to pick up a small supply of solid wood to try my hand at Intarsia. Please tell me what kinds of word you'd buy if you were going to get enough for a few small projects.
    MinotBob
    Makita MSJ-401
    Universal Tools:
    Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

My scrollsaw wood stash has LOTS OF walnut and cherry, plus maple, basswood, poplar, oak (yuck!), beech, mulberry, pine, osage orange, butternut, sapele, cocobolo, redheart, purpleheart, yellowheart, prima vera, and mahogany (I'm sure I missed a few).
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Bear can I come over and play at your house?
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
        by Linda In Phoenix
        I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
        Today, 10:01 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
        by will8989
        Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
        Today, 09:53 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
        by will8989
        Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
        Today, 09:49 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
        by will8989
        He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
        Today, 09:32 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Sundays market
        by will8989
        We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
        Today, 08:56 PM
      Working...
      X