is this a good deal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a good deal???

I have a new sorce of Walnt and Red Oak here in Iowa. I can buy it for $2.00 a board foot. Yesterday I bought 2- 1x6x10 and 2-1x8x10 for $53.00 all walnut and all clear I can see no knots in any of this wood. I think it's a good deal. It keeps me from giving my money to Menards or Home Depot.

Kevin
    When you hit rock bottom the only answer is to look up

I would say you have found a gold mine.

Dan

Comment

sounds good, get yourself a bunch!!! its dried right? Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Kevin,
        Enjoy it while you can! Here in NE Ohio, we're paying about $4 / board foot for walnut, and it's not even that clear.

Bruce
        Bruce
        . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
        visit sometime
        Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Red oak here in Manitoba is $6.OO plus. Some of the stuff I have seen would be better in the designer firewood box.
          Smitty
          Dewalt 788

Comment

Sheesh, I should say so! Here red oak is about 3.75 a bd. ft. Not sure how much walnut is these days as I ran across a great deal last year and have enough to last me quite some time.

Kevin
            Kevin
            Scrollsaw Patterns Online
            Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Kev,
              I'm thinking you should buy all you can afford and safely store - here walnut is $5 a bf, and oak is nearly $4. So, if you will be able to use it......
              Sandy

Comment

just keeps getting better

The guy that got the walnut from called me last night told me he had taken several orders for oak and walnut from people that I had told .I had never told anyone what he was selling it forjust that it was very nice wood.Anyway he told me he had risen his price. My heart about fell until he told me that I would always get it for my original price since I had sent people his way. Just goes to show what having a big mouth can do for you sometimes.

Kev
                When you hit rock bottom the only answer is to look up

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Hans
                  Reply to Big week here
                  by Chuck Hans
                  Congrats on all accounts,
                  I have been retired for 21 years and have no regrets. Hope you and your family take full advantage of the well earned time
                  Yesterday, 08:51 PM
                • cwmagee
                  Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                  by cwmagee
                  Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
                  Yesterday, 03:36 PM
                • Sandy Oaks
                  Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                  by Sandy Oaks
                  So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
                  Yesterday, 02:56 PM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                  by NC Scroller
                  I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                  Yesterday, 11:24 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Big week here
                  by NC Scroller
                  Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                  Yesterday, 11:18 AM
                Working...
                X