The mother load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mother load

Not far from my house they are building a new house and instead of using plywood for the roof they used 3/4 x 12" Pine boards. I stopped by there today and asked if what I thought was a scrap pile was and indead it was a scrape pile the guys said take all you want take it all we are just going to burn it. Now its not the best wood but man I got a truck load from 2' to 8' long by 12" wide what a wonderful day.
    Teach your Kids to hunt and you wont have to hunt your kids

Not the best wood, but the best price!!! Thats what counts. Congrats on your lucky find!
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

GREAT SCORE on the free wood. Now if you had a picture of the pile to add, you'd have the perfect "gloat"!
      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

They'll come in handy for something . Congratulations on your find.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Bear I wasnt gloating I was saying thankyou to someone that wrote on here that was a good place to get wood I wish you where closer I would be happy to get a load or two for you as well. But since you live in alaska its just too long of a trip.....LOL

Comment

Awesome find.
            It never hurts to ask.

If anyone is looking for intarsia wood, check with the local highschool. There is tons of it in the scrap bin.

If you feel guilty taking it, offer to do some scrolling demos.
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Hey SSG - Thanks for the offer!
              And, as one of my "mentors" used to say ""There ain't nuthin' wrong with a good gloat now and again. Keeps the rest of us alert looking for our own."

I see a planer, a bunch of pipe clamps (for glue ups), and a band saw in your future to do justice to that stash!
              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Bear you are reading my mind. LOL

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  Reply to Sundays market
                  by will8989
                  We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                  Today, 08:56 PM
                • Jim McDonald
                  Reply to Interesting pallet
                  by Jim McDonald
                  I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                  But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                  Today, 08:17 PM
                • Quartz43
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Quartz43
                  I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                  Today, 03:40 PM
                • hotshot
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by hotshot
                  You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                  Today, 02:27 PM
                • RJweb
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by RJweb
                  I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                  Today, 01:31 PM
                Working...
                X