Baltic Birch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltic Birch

I have notice that in the US some people buy their Baltic Birch from Home Depot.
    I also notice that they are buying it in 4x8 sheets.

Here in BC I get my BB Ply from Windsor Plywood. It comes in 5x5 sheets,
    I wonder if it is the same wood. I understand that in Europe the full sheets are 10x5.

Anyone have any info on this?
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Scroller I don't know where your BB is made but the BB I get from Home Depot is made in China.. hope this helps
    Sharon -By the way it is beautiful wood I get

Comment

Hi Carl

Standard sheet sizes in the UK are 8x4, although BB ply may well be 10x5; I've never seen it over here, so I wouldn't know.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Genuine Baltic Birch ply is only available in 5 X 5 sheets. I'm not familiar with the stuff the BORG is passing off as BB, it could be a domestic HVHC Birch or something similar. Appleply is very similar to Baltic Birch and is available in 4 X 8 sheets, perhaps they're carrying this? I try to avoid the BORG whenever possible so I haven't seen it. Funny story though, I needed a small piece of maple so I stopped by the BORG to pick it up (it was on my way home and I just needed a small piece). To make a long story short, when checking out, it took 30 minutes and 5 people because no one understood what Maple was and they couldn't figure out how to look up the price.

Kevin
        Kevin
        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

The baltic birch we have at Lowes and Home depot looks like regular plywood
          it looks pretty bad. I buy my Baltic Birch from Woodcraft in Austin.
          Bill
          Delta P-20

Comment

The Home Depot where I live is called Brick plywood and I think it is only 3/4" and it is 4'X8'.
            I buy baltic birch in Indianapolis 1/4 and 1/8 and it comes 5'X5'

Bob
            Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
              Reply to Plastic puzzle
              by MidMich324
              Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
              Today, 03:57 PM
            • RJweb
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by RJweb
              As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
              Today, 03:42 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Farmers market "survey"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
              I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
              For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
              Today, 11:14 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Farmers market
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
              Today, 11:00 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
              Today, 09:57 AM
            Working...
            X