Olive Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olive Wood

Does anyone have any idea where I can get olive wood from Israle for making Christian or Jewish symbols for ornaments. We have a few, but I would like to use my scroll saw patterns to make my own. Thanks. FHN3 thanks - 2 great answers - one in Bethlehem and one where i can get almost any kind of wood.
    Last edited by FHN3; 01-09-2006, 01:28 PM.

They don't have any very thin (ex.1/8), nor very wide (4" max), but I get my turning stock from:
    http://www.bethlehemolivewood.net/

They have 1/4" and 1/2" in stock and will do custom cutting, according to their website.
    Shipping is slow, usually about 6 weeks.
    Last edited by Woodbutcher68; 01-08-2006, 04:08 PM.
    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Have you tried http://www.woodfinder.com/search.php?search=Jarrah. They have a large list.

Harris

Comment

Harris,

Thanks for the Link, I've just spent an hour surfing it when I should of been scrolling!!

Bill
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
          Reply to Pattern Vault
          by dottyblues
          Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
          Today, 12:20 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Linda In Phoenix
          So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
          I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
          In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
          I also added the...
          Yesterday, 10:49 PM
        • will8989
          Supermax
          by will8989
          Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Help help
          by will8989
          Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
          Yesterday, 10:11 PM
        • KarlB
          Reply to Pattern Vault
          by KarlB
          Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
          Yesterday, 10:05 PM
        Working...
        X