Scrolling Aluminium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling Aluminium

I want to scroll some aluminium. Is there a maximum thickness and what type of blade and also should I use oil to lubricate the blade?

Cory, send an e-mail to [email protected]. He can answer your question and supply you with the right blade. Mick.
    Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Do not oil the blade. You can try clear tape but blue painter's tape works well. The thicker the material the slower you have to go. As for blades use a very fine many tooth blade. Jewlers blades are great for this but a regular wood blade works well. Do not use skip tooth blade.
      John T.

Comment

I work in the sign industry and spend a lot of time cutting aluminum. I've used bandsaw, tin snips, jigsaw, sawsall, miter saw and radial arm saw. I've never cut it on a scrollsaw though. Yet. But I would imagaine certain things would be the same. I use a cutting wax made by Castrol that comes in a tube. With the saw running I just push the tube into the blade and this will lubricate the blade for quite a while. Prolongs the life of all the blades I've tried it on. And it's not near as messy as oil or a liquid lubricant. It might also be worth mentioning that I've used this cutting wax with some success on plexiglas. Using a jigsaw, though, not a scroll saw. I'll have to try it myself someday.

Comment

I see no reason to think it would not work.
          I have cut Christmas tree ornaments from copper and brass using candle wax as a lube with cardboard backing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X