Burl Wood Slabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burl Wood Slabs

I MAKE A LOT OF THE WILDLIFE CUTOUTS OF THE PATTERNS FROM HEARTLAND CREATIONS.MY SOURCE FOR THE BURLED WOOD (D & D WOOD SUPPLY) OF COTTONWOOD,CA.IS NO LONGER OFFERING THE BURLED WOOD.I HAVE SOME ORDERS FOR THE PHEASANT CUTOUT BUT NOW I NEED A SOURCE TO PURCHASE THE WOOD SLABS.DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SOME OTHER SUPPLIER FOR THESE BURLED SLABS? THANKS GENE ANDERSON [email protected]

Gene - have you asked about burled wood over on the carving forum? Give that a try.....there's a link just to the left of this post. The more people seeing your request - the more answers you'll get.
    Good luck on your search and welcome aboard.

Comment

Burls

here is a link that you might try

I have never bought from them but they sell burls

http://www.itsaburl.com/

Comment

burl wood

Gene, I also was surprised when Mark at DD woods told me he no longer deals with burl wood for scrollers. After some thought, I figured he still was in the saw mill business, so I called him back. He told me he dosent cut the wood for the patterns anymore. I asked him if he wood just sell me the wood in bulk and I would cut the wood myself to go with whatever pattern i was ucing. I grind and burn the edges myself. He liked the idea and he sent me $500\.00 dollars worth of some beuatiful wood. call back and ask if he'll sell it in bulk. good luck , Rain Man

Comment

Gilmer Woods in Portland Oregon has lots of burls- and they ship. The nice thing about them is they show the actual pieces on their website and you can see what you're ordering. Their website is http://www.gilmerwood.com
          Janette
          www.square-designs.com

Comment

Just so everyone knows...this thread is more than 2 years old...
            Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

hahaha....nice catch Bob!
              Jeff Powell

Comment

That's one of the great things about the internet. A person posts a question and the question and answers are still benefiting people two years later.

Thanks for the question and for the answers, as late as they may be. I'm off to check out some burl suppliers now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X