Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt 788 speeds

Hi All,
    I thought I remembered seeing a chart or table in here about the speeds the different settings on the Dewalt 788 equated to. I can't seem to find the thread now (isn't that always the way -- when I wasn't looking for it I found it no problem )

Can anybody give me a general idea of what the different speeds might be?

Thanks.

Chris
    loving my DW788

From a post on one of the forums these figures came from Dewalt on the speed control settings.

1 - 400
    2 - 800
    3 - 950
    4 - 1100
    5 - 1300
    6 - 1450
    7 - 1600
    8 - 1750

Comment

Thanks.

I couldn't find those.

Much appreciated.
      Cheers.

Chris
      loving my DW788

Comment

So THAT is what those little numbers on the dial mean!!!

I just leave it set on 8 and use the on/off switch for my two speeds
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

I am not sure why I would care the the actual speeds are. I adjust the speed until it feels right.
          Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Most of the time I have mine on Max and use the on/off switch, but sometimes I do need to drop it down a little.
            Theresa
            Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for posting that.

I find myself generally between #5 & #7. I rarely run mine wide open. Sometimes, a delicate cut, in very thin material, I'll drop down to #3.
              Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

As much as I like my EX-21 I wish the speed control had more than an arrow showing you how to make it go fast. I use Sharpie marks at the speeds I like to use. The slowest speed seems like it's about 350 or 400 spm.
                Last edited by Pajaro; 02-05-2008, 12:19 PM.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
                Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
                One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Comment

Originally posted by Pajaro
                  The slowest speed seems like it's about 350 or 400 spm.
                  Try checking the specs, either in your manual (if you can find it) or online. They will quickly tell you exactly what your bottom speed is.

Tor
                  I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
                  - Thomas Jefferson

Garden Island Marqueteur
                  http://www.fineartmarquetry.com

Comment

Tor nobody reads the manual, didn't they teach you that in saw skool.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
                    Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
                    One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Comment

Originally posted by Pajaro
                      Tor nobody reads the manual, didn't they teach you that in saw skool.
                      Including me. But I do use them when I want to find out something like that. Those spec lists are useful, after you skip the mess of warnings.

Tor
                      I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
                      - Thomas Jefferson

Garden Island Marqueteur

Comment

I go by feel, My saw right now is set at about 2.5. I usually keep it rather slow and speed it up as needed. I find that I have more control at slowish speeds, (not too slow. I lose control if it's too slow). I need that bit of time to make my tight turns. For those of you who know my work, you know I do alot of inlay. With inlay, there's no redoing a line, or coming at a corner from two sides. What is cut is it, so I like to keep it at a slower speed and tax my patience.
                        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                        No task is too tedious for Art.
                        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Originally posted by JimSawyer
                          With inlay, there's no redoing a line, or coming at a corner from two sides. What is cut is it, so I like to keep it at a slower speed and tax my patience.
                          A notable part of the reason I bought a Diamond. How slow do you want to cut? Although it can in theory go down to 0SPM, I would say the practical limit is more like 30-40SPM (no typo there).

Tor
                          - Thomas Jefferson

Garden Island Marqueteur

Comment

When all else fails

Originally posted by Tor
                            Including me. But I do use them when I want to find out something like that. Those spec lists are useful, after you skip the mess of warnings.

Tor
                            G'day all,
                            The common saying in Oz is "When all else fails, R.F.I" = "Read ------- Instructions"

Besides real men don't only not eat quiche, they also never read the manual.
                            Regards
                            John
                            "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                            Some of my Stuff
                            Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                              Reply to Phone call from son.
                              by meflick
                              Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                              Today, 01:10 PM
                            • meflick
                              Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                              by meflick
                              Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                              Today, 01:04 PM
                            • John Smith
                              by John Smith
                              Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                              HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                              Today, 10:01 AM
                            • Jim McDonald
                              Reply to Phone call from son.
                              by Jim McDonald
                              My kids always call me since I am the one who probably did the stuff they are calling about.

I know it's scary to get that call, but I'm glad to hear the charge exited where it did before it went any further.

Probably hurts like hell and he has a copper taste in his mouth...
                              Today, 09:52 AM
                            • Sandy Oaks
                              by Sandy Oaks
                              Welcome to the forum from TN. As a Pegas Distributor, Pegas has the Super Skip blades which works perfectly with acrylics at a reduced speed.
                              Today, 09:40 AM
                            Working...
                            X