Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hegner Advice

Hello.
    One of my Hegner saws has started becoming reluctant to start up. When you switch it on it hums as normal, but the motor doesn't rotate. When you push the top arm it will start up and work as normal. I have cleaned it and ensured that there is nothing in any of the moving parts.

Any suggestions to what might be wrong and how I could fix it?

Off the top of my head it sounds like a capacitor issue. I am not sure what part of the world you live in but for hegner parts in the US the source is: https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/

In the UK it is:
    Suppliers of high-quality woodworking machinery in the UK. From scrollsaws to lathes to sanders, find the best tools & equipment for woodworkers.

Last edited by NC Scroller; 10-20-2022, 07:51 AM.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

If nothing is binding I agree with Scott.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

You could also take it to a local motor repair shop and they likely have the needed capacitor and can install it for you.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

My guess is the speed control has gone bad. Try blowing out with air and maybe you will get lucky.

Comment

Not sure if youve repaired your saw or not. I was given a Henger a few weeks ago that wouldnt run. I contacted Henger and they replied stating if the symptoms were as youve described it would be the capacitor. The value is shown on the motor plate in micro farrads. Typically between 2 and 8. It’s an easy repair. Hope this helps you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to Harbor Fraught
              by Rolf
              I did not read the fine print, actually not that fine. when I went to buy my new compressor for 25% off (not). That would have been nice, but I am still happy with my purchase. Although I have not used it yet as my garage is rather cold.
              7 deg this morning 50's tomorrow
              Today, 09:22 AM
            • Jimern
              Reply to Harbor Fraught
              by Jimern
              Some manufacturers will restrict items for resale to a certain price or basement price. And in some cases will only sell with the agreement of no discounts allowed.

And then there is margin, the retailer needs to make a certain amount of money on all sales.​
              Today, 09:20 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
              by Rolf
              Have you had big temperature swings in the shop? My first thought is something binding. I fix all of my own stuff and don't hesitate to take things apart to try and isolate where the issue is.
              That said at only two years old I would contact Denny and see if he can direct you to a Pegas tech center....
              Today, 09:15 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
              by NC Scroller
              Welcome. Could be a number of things. I would call Denny at Art Crafters of Dayton or Ray at Seyco. Both numbers can be found on the internet.
              Today, 06:47 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Question about tilting head saws
              by NC Scroller
              I still use my factory dust collector on my pre Chinese Ex21. No, not for everything that I cut but primarily for compound cutting where we generate a lot of sawdust. I did enhance my dust collector by replacing the membrane wit a piece made on a 3D printer. The enhancements gives a bit of extra...
              Today, 06:41 AM
            Working...
            X